Tropicante Beach

ranchette

I was just there last week. Honestly there isn't much of a beach as it is completely covered in beach loungers/chairs. But the water is clear, calm, and you don't need water shoes. I hope to have a detailed review up this week.

I was just there last week. Honestly there isn't much of a beach as it is completely covered in beach loungers/chairs. But the water is clear, calm, and you don't need water shoes. I hope to have a detailed review up this week.

Looking forward to reading your review. How was the food there? Would you recommend the place?

We went to Tropicante last February when we sailed on the Magic. The service and food was outstanding and Steve, the owner/manager is a fantastic host! We will be going there again on our next Costa Maya stop. You can email Steve ahead of time. Check our their website at tropicante ameri-mex grill dot com.

Just there last week. Water was blue and clear and no water shoes are needed. You need to reserve a lounge chair in advance. It is a small beach, but not overcrowded. I recommend.

Was just there last week as well. I didn't have reservations, just showed up based on recommendations on this site. Was able to get a few loungers and a table to eat at. Couldn't have been happier.

The location is nice, the beach is all sand, no need for water shoes. We played in the water, did some snorkeling, headed out towards the rocks. Actually saw a couple lion fish, that was a nice treat while snorkeling. (Don't get too close, they are venomous)

A real nice spot, would head back there again for sure.

We took a taxi there. Much faster than the shuttle and a $1 cheaper. I did need to know a little Spanish to get our way back, but that was because we did have 6 people we were trying to taxi back that had to be done via 2 vehicles.

Was just there last week as well. I didn't have reservations, just showed up based on recommendations on this site. Was able to get a few loungers and a table to eat at. Couldn't have been happier.

The location is nice, the beach is all sand, no need for water shoes. We played in the water, did some snorkeling, headed out towards the rocks. Actually saw a couple lion fish, that was a nice treat while snorkeling. (Don't get too close, they are venomous)

A real nice spot, would head back there again for sure.

We took a taxi there. Much faster than the shuttle and a $1 cheaper. I did need to know a little Spanish to get our way back, but that was because we did have 6 people we were trying to taxi back that had to be done via 2 vehicles.

Wow. like I said I had reserved two loungers, but we went with two other people who did not reserve loungers and they were only able to get two Adirondacks which were fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For those of you that have been to Tropicana, did you shuttle or take a taxi/cab? I think I read the shuttle will try and take you somewhere else....not sure what location, and it's best to take a cab. From what I have read, its 2pp or 3pp. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
So I emailed Steve with a request for a reservation. Is it unusual to ask for a mix of loungers and Muskoka/Adirondack chairs?

Not at all I don't think :) I emailed Steve and ask for two loungers and a table with four chairs, he emailed back promptly and said he would take care of it.

For those of you that have been to Tropicana, did you shuttle or take a taxi/cab? I think I read the shuttle will try and take you somewhere else....not sure what location, and it's best to take a cab. From what I have read, its 2pp or 3pp. Thanks!!

Took a cab outside port on 5/23/18 and its $8/cab, there’s 3 of us. Cab dropped us in the back of the restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

News Flash.

Tropicante has just announced they are holding tequila tastings. They signed up with Tequilera Reyes for some unique, hard to find true artisan tequilas, including a double anejo aged 36 months. Also several flavored tequila liquors--coffee, chocolate, coconut walnut and amoreda.

So don't forget to stop by for an enlightening experience.