NAPLES May 1, 2018 - Pompeii / Herculaneum / Mt Vesuvius - JOIN US?

We will be on the Norwegian Epic departing Barcelona April 29, 2018. First port Naples - we want to see Pompeii AND Herculaneum as well as Mt. Vesuvius on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. This combination is not available as a regular excursion, so we have booked a private tour.

Anyone interested in joining us to split the cost? With 2 more travellers, the cost will only be Euro100 per person (plus admission ticket Euro20 and tips). This is far less than the NCL shore excursions, and with only 4 persons it will reduce time wasted waiting for a bus full of passengers.

Hope to hear from someone! :):)

We will be on the Norwegian Epic departing Barcelona April 29, 2018. First port Naples - we want to see Pompeii AND Herculaneum as well as Mt. Vesuvius on Tuesday, May 1, 2018. This combination is not available as a regular excursion, so we have booked a private tour. Anyone interested in joining us to split the cost? With 2 more travellers, the cost will only be Euro100 per person (plus admission ticket Euro20 and tips). This is far less than the NCL shore excursions, and with only 4 persons it will reduce time wasted waiting for a bus full of passengers. Hope to hear from someone! :):)

Talk with your fellow cruisers on the Epic on the voyages embarking in Rome and Barcelona.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/norwegian-epic-april-29-2018/

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/norwegian-epic-april-25-2018/

Oh dear! You are so correct - thank you for pointing that out. I do see Pompeii as closed on May 1, but cannot see anything for Herculaneum. Still searching to see if Herculaneum is open. Strange that NCL shore excursion also offering Pompeii visits though!

They did say that they often decide a few days ahead of time to open Pompei. So they may still open up Pompei on May 1st. I asked them to please email if they do. The email I got back from them was something along the lines of if would be better for me to check back with them than for them to notify me. So, as of now, it may or may not be open.

We are also on the EPIC this cruise and were told Pompeii and Herculaneum will be closed. Best to look at other options, perhaps if they decide at the last minute to open, your tour company will make adjustments.

Dear Ceb65,

We already set up alternate with tour company.

Herculaneum is open on May 1 for sure, so we have amended itinerary to Herculaneum, Mt Vesuvius and Oplontis. If Pompeii does open we will revert to that instead of Oplontis.

Since you are on the same cruise, would you be interested to join our tour and share the cost?

FYI I plan to set up tours for Florence and Rome as well. If I can get 8 persons we would be paying about 50% of what NCL is charging and travelling in a much smaller group.

Dear Ceb65,

We already set up alternate with tour company.

Herculaneum is open on May 1 for sure, so we have amended itinerary to Herculaneum, Mt Vesuvius and Oplontis. If Pompeii does open we will revert to that instead of Oplontis.

Since you are on the same cruise, would you be interested to join our tour and share the cost?

FYI I plan to set up tours for Florence and Rome as well. If I can get 8 persons we would be paying about 50% of what NCL is charging and travelling in a much smaller group.

Thank you Mellowyellow999, we already have a full tour that day. We are part of a tour going to Florence with room for 2 more seats if you are interested, it is a small group of 6. It is a full day in Florence, the details are a couple posts back.

Hi Ceb65

Okay I will check it out though nothing a few posts back. Perhaps under one of the Roll Call posts?

We have been to Florence before so we were going to propose an alternate itinerary to Cinqe Terre. But then nothing wrong with seeing Florence again for sure.

Hi Ceb65

Okay I will check it out though nothing a few posts back. Perhaps under one of the Roll Call posts?

We have been to Florence before so we were going to propose an alternate itinerary to Cinqe Terre. But then nothing wrong with seeing Florence again for sure.

Sorry Mellowyellow999, the information is under our roll call! I was tired,lol.