Arriving at the end of April. What beach is best to go to?

Orient beach was amazing. You can see it below in my video from when I was there...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Orient beach was amazing. You can see it below in my video from when I was there...

Wonderful. So was that before, or after, Irma and Maria destroyed Orient Beach and washed away Maho Beach.

Wonderful. So was that before, or after, Irma and Maria destroyed Orient Beach and washed away Maho Beach.

Ohhh I’m not sure, it was June last year if that helps.

That was before the hurricanes. The beach is of course still there. But all the beach bars and other conveniences were destroyed. I suggest you go to the St. Maarten board for more up to date info.

I was in St. Marrten earlier this year. The hurricanes’ damaged was massive. It will be years before this beautiful island reinvents itself. Many beaches no longer exist. Numerous boats are still submerged around marines. Some hotels/resorts have reopened with private beach areas, though. The ‘airport’ beach and bar thankfully are open.

I was in St. Marrten earlier this year. The hurricanes’ damaged was massive. It will be years before this beautiful island reinvents itself. Many beaches no longer exist. Numerous boats are still submerged around marines. Some hotels/resorts have reopened with private beach areas, though. The ‘airport’ beach and bar thankfully are open.

Sad to hear of the massive destruction to a great amount of the island. Maho Beach and bar were not destroyed? That is great news.

Anyone have suggestions on an excursion? I'm not one to sit on the beach all day. Going solo as well.

Anyone have suggestions on an excursion? I'm not one to sit on the beach all day. Going solo as well.

How about a catamaran cruise & snorkel?

Several operators recommended on Port of Call message boards. Singles welcome.

Or an island tour?

Lots of private tour guides available. Check your Roll Call for others with similar interests

An artist gallery tour? Local tour guides available. Again, look for companions on Roll Call

Maybe time spent in Marigot + lunch?

Share a taxi or go alone. You can easily spend 3 hrs. here.

How about a catamaran cruise & snorkel?

Several operators recommended on Port of Call message boards. Singles welcome.

Or an island tour?

Lots of private tour guides available. Check your Roll Call for others with similar interests

An artist gallery tour? Local tour guides available. Again, look for companions on Roll Call

Maybe time spent in Marigot + lunch?

Share a taxi or go alone. You can easily spend 3 hrs. here.

Thank you so much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app