Best Beach for Watersports Like Jet Skis, Parasailing, etc....

Nuttz4Sports

Hi All....We are a family of 5 with 3 teenagers.....We will be in Antigua (first time in Antigua) this July, coming in on Freedom of the Seas......Last year, when we went to Cancun, the kids enjoyed several water activities, like Jet skis, Parasailing, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, etc and they would really like to do these activities again, as Antigua will be our only significant beach stop on this cruise.....

I was looking at Dikenson Bay or Jolly Beach as options. On Dickerson, I can see Tony's Watersport is there, but reading through the threads, it seems like Jolly has more restaurants and shopping in the area that we can hit up before heading back to the ship......Can anyone please let me know if Jolly has a location or vendors that have these activities. I know there is a dive shop on Jolly, but we really aren't looking to dive on this stop.

Even if Jolly does have these activities, which of the 2 beaches is best for them or are there other options that I am missing.

• 3 months later...
Both have watersports. Shopping I'd wait until you get back to port. There's places to eat at both. Sneaky Pete's or Tony's at Tony's. Can't remember jolly beach. I actually stayed in Antigua village right down the beach from Tony's.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Sorry for the delayed response, but thank you for the info.

I’d post this on the Antigua forum on trip advisor, mizgeorge and cessnapilot are DE’s there and are very helpful, especially when comparing areas.

Thanks for the recommendation.....will post there and see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if youve already completed your stop in Antigua, however here are my suggestions.

The beaches in Antigua to find jetski`s are usually located in the Caribbean Sea side of Antigua. These beaches are great for jetski because the water is relatively calm; however, they are terrible for snorkeling. The water is turquoise and usually murky. The closest youd get to a combination of snorkeling and jetski, would be Hawksbill beach, and Long bay beach.

No para sailing though.

Dickenson bay will be your best bet for jetskis with beach umbrellas, bars and beach restaurants.

So we completed our cruise last week. The beach at Dickenson Bay was great. We stopped at Tony's and found that they only had jet skis out. They told us that they were in non-peak season, so everything else would not be available. That was kind of disappointing. For those going in October, you should be good for everything else. Found the chairs to be a little expensive.....$20 for 2 chairs and an umbrella and they charged us $4 for every device we wanted to hook up to wifi....there were 5 of us and we got 4 chairs and 4 devices hooked up to wifi......the water was great, Jetskis were fun, but if I am being honest, they are not in the best shape and did not feel as safe on them as I have at other locations. The bar took credit cards, but the restaurant did not and they would not let you add food to your bar tab....so if you go, make sure to take cash