Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Side note to everyone...

It's not going to start until later (yes maybe November), because they are trying to "time" it so that the final episodes, etc. are at the Fashion Week for early next 2008...

In the meantime, you can get a pseudo fix of Tim Gunn on his new show...

Is it a makeover show? If so, I watched it last night and liked it. I like the idea that they give the participant a list of what to buy so they are not overwhelmed. On WNTW, Stacy and Clinton just give the "rules" and film the person floundering around NYC department stores and boutiques.

Is it a makeover show? If so, I watched it last night and liked it. I like the idea that they give the participant a list of what to buy so they are not overwhelmed. On WNTW, Stacy and Clinton just give the "rules" and film the person floundering around NYC department stores and boutiques.

Yes, thats it. I enjoyed watching it - those poor women get uncomfortable when they have to go through their underwear drawer!:eek: Can't say I blame them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...still working in my time zone but had to take a break and comment!

Love all the extreme personalities so far...

More detailed review later...

So who are you seeing as "front runners" and who (because watch for it, it happens every season) do you think are the "stealth" designers that will bring up their "game" near the end of the season?:confused:

Hee hee!

I love that my insider scoop about "pooing fabric" actually made it to the edit!:D

Also, I'm realizing now (in comparison to Heidi when they were standing there and she had heels/boots on) that Tim Gunn must be TALL!

Have at it all of you!

Pooing fabric - I knew pretty quickly who this comment was about, even before it was made. :p Okay I was really afraid when Elisa started "staining" that chiffon in the grass. Did that actually make it onto the dress other than as unneeded fabric? The judges were so right in their comments about her, Nina especially with the she needs to learn to edit comment. From about the knees up it was actually a good dress, nice construction and then she goes and ruins it by putting all that fabric on it, dragging it down. Even the front had too much fabric, I think if it hadn't had those panels in front wrapping around the model's ankles, it might have been easier to walk in. If anybody has seen The Lizzie McGuire movie, it reminded me of the scene where she was trying on all these avantgarde designs and couldn't walk in most of them.

I did agree that Simone needed to go. The dress was boring and poorly constructed. At least with Elise there were signs of good construction and design (from the knees up).

I liked the dress that won but I'm going to reserve judgment on who I think the frontrunners really are. The guy with the plaid design I thought I was going to hate it while he was designing it but it turned out really nice.

I bet Elisa goes next. She's sort of like last season's Angela (the one who put rosettes on everything and whose designs looked like an arts-and-crafts project).

There were several whose designs I liked that were not in the top 3. Can't recall their names yet. I did like Rami's design very much. (But then, he's already done pretty well for himself -- didn't he say Jessica Alba wore one of his dresses?) I wasn't that excited about Victorya's design. Christian is obviously talented -- and he'll make for good TV, what else could they want??

So glad this show is back! There sure isn't much else to watch on TV.

I'd sure hate to be the first one to go but I think they got it right. The blue dress was a train wreck. Like Heidi said, the model looked like she was pooing fabric, BUT the body of the dress itself showed some creativity and potential.

Simone's dress was one of the biggest nothings I've ever seen on the show, not to mention the poor workmanship that was evident a mile away.

Was very surprised with the "fluffy fella's" dress considering he does over the top costumes.

Loved the grey winner as well as the dress with the plaid jacket but have to agree with Tim Gunn on that one. EVERY detail, especially on high end clothes, in particular plaids should match.

Anyone see anything they would consider for a cruise?

Sorry, didn't realize there was already a thread on Project Runway so just transferring my thoughts to the REAL thread.:) Is there a way to way to delete my copycat post since it's redundant.:o

I love this show and am glad it's back. There are many different personalities with different backgrounds. Should make for good TV and some interesting fashion on the runway!!!

I agree with other poster's, Simone's dress was poorly made, but I can't wait to see what Elisa comes up with next week!

Amy in San Diego

Funniest moment: When Christian (odd hair) referred to Elisa (Earth Mom) as strange. Like, who isn't on this show?

When they showed the designer's previous work (which they didn't for everyone), Rami and "Pistol" really stood out. I liked their designs on the runway as well as Christian's, Victorya's, Steve's and Kevin's.

This season I'm doing my own scoring then seeing how it compares to the judges. I was pretty in sync last night.

Elisa could advance. Sometimes a close call does it.

I was surprised at how safe most of the outfits were.

Sending Simone home was a good call from what we saw.

I am so very happy this show has returned!

I have to agree with the judges choice of who went home first. It looked worse than what I used to sew in home-ec class in jr. high school, I was embarrassed for Simone. I think if she would have attempted the same idea only with better colors and a stab at fine sewing, it may have looked way better than it did. I had high hopes for her with her background.

Elisa with the flowy poo dress has no business being there if she "creates" any more fashion like she did, but at least her construction of the top of the dress looked somewhat finished. I think sewing a dress onto your own body like she did was rather elementary, I used to sew dresses onto my Barbie doll like that back in the early 60's. I was somewhat surprised her dress fit the model as well as it did. I may be one of the few who feel this way, but any designer that doesn't put forth effort and skill is insulting to the rest of the people there who are trying so hard to do a professional job.

I'm all for different and creative, I just can't stand poor construction and lack of thought. I also couldn't understand why we saw the contestants go and gather all the different fabrics, yet we saw only Elisa use much more than 2 - 3 fabrics, in a very thoughtless way. I wish they had the 1st episodes clothes online, it would be fun to check them out again!

I'd like to see them give the people a one show chance. Rather than eliminate one the very first show, give them a chance to design something and have it critiqued so they have a better idea of what they should be doing.

I guess I just feel soooo sorry for the first one to go even though they ARE the one deserving of that honor.

I don't know any of the cast's names yet.

I think I agree with the choice of the first to go. Her concept was good, her execution awful. That "jacket" looked like road kill. I almost thought that the guy who's a lingerie designer would be the one to go. His concept was bad (sooooo boring)but his tailoring was good so it looked okay. So what's worse - Bad Concept/Good Execution or Good Concept/Poor Execution?

I loved the plaid jacket outfit, even though so far, I can't stand the little twit that made it. Can we say "full of himself and full of ****!".

The winning black silk chiffon gown was amazing though I did agree with the judges that the flower gave it a matronly look.

I love the backgrounds they've mixed in this year! Drag queen costumer, Marrionette maker, lingere designer, athletic wear, past model, flower shop owner, illustrator and I know there were others that I didn't catch. Who knows if thier backgrounds will come out in the designs but it seems like a fun way to get started. :D