What Ship and where are you going Summer 2019?

JB9302 - we've just got back from this cruise so assume 2019 will be the same

Livorno - All day trip to Florence and Pisa a must do

Savona - trip to beach was cancelled

Monaco - trip to Monte Carlo - very good

Toulon - trip to St Tropez and Port Grimaud - very good - loved both villages

Barcelona - stayed on ship been 3 times Recommend HoHo bus for the whole day and visit Gaudi House and Famila Sagrada ( book a ticket on line to enter or you will have to queue a long time)

If you arrive early at the ship as most flights do get the courtesy bus to Palma Cathedral and have a wander cos you will have an early leave at the end if your cruise

Love Dream have been on her many times - Waters Edge is great and the shows are fantastic

If you like steak order this in the MDR for a supplement of £9.95 well worth it

Have a super cruise the weather should be good

Thanks for that info , we are on F Deck Midships and looking forward to our 1st cruise with Marella , did Cunard QE last year and Ventura P & O this year .

Not that far from you over the hills :)

Yes been there many times - have you done the booze train?

No , but seen them enjoying themselves on occasion in the Buffet bar at the station , son used to work in the bars in the town when Stalyvagas was at its height some years ago .

We have booked Fire & Ice on Explorer, 27th July 2019.

It seems tailor made for us as we dock in Akureyri on my 60th birthday and it has been a lifetime dream for me to go whale watching. We are going to book whale watching and godafoss falls for the day so hopefully we will actually spot a whale. :D:D

I was very excited to read in SausPud's post that on the evenings of days 5 and 6 we would definitely see whales - wow!!!!

We have cruised to Norwegian Fjords twice before but absolutely loved it, particularly on Thomson Celebration. Sailaways were phenomenal.

We have booked a balcony cabin on either deck 8, 9 or 10 but not a specific cabin. If anyone has any suggestions as to which deck or side of the ship is best for this cruise, I would be very grateful to hear their views.

We are back on the Discovery in Feb doing the Far East.

It coincides with our 25th anniversary...

Looking forward to it as we would never have gone to that part of the world.

Us too. First Marella and first Asia. Looking forward to it. Very exciting!!

Going on the Marella Explorer on 9th June on the cruise to the North Cape, Norway's Midnight sun.

First time for my wife heading north on holiday. Have many years of experience of sailing in and out of the Norwegian fjords, around the North cape and up to Svalbard myself on merchant ships, but first time for my wife in this area.

Looking forward to it, but first things first we are on the Discovery in just over 4 weeks on the mesmerizing Mediterranean cruise.

Ian and Karen

Previous cruise:

Azura......November 17 Caribbean

6 minutes ago, irenebaird said:

Hi there,1st time going on a cruise.Heading to Corfu then boarding marella discovery for week on the Aegean seas then a hotel stay back in Corfu for a week.Cant wait, heard so much about the ship can't wait to experience it myself.

You will love it, any questions just ask. Here to help. I have also done a cruise and stay in Corfu many years ago.

39 minutes ago, SausPud said:

You will love it, any questions just ask. Here to help. I have also done a cruise and stay in Corfu many years ago.

Yes I think so,it will be quite special for us as my husband celebrates his 50th birthday in late June,my 47th birthday the day after boarding the ship, then our silver wedding,also in july.Cant wait to experience the cruise.Do you know if there is a laundry service available on the discovery?.Thanks.

3 hours ago, irenebaird said:

Do you know if there is a laundry service available on the discovery? Thanks.

There is no self-service laundry but you can get your cabin steward to take a bag of clothes to be washed for a fee. Personally, I'm on holiday and don't do laundry.