Azura Superior Deluxe Cabins - Sofa Bed

BigJH

We are a family of 4 travelling on Azura in May. We have a superior deluxe, but as my daughter is 15 and doesn't want to share the sofa bed with her 10 yr old brother, they will have the twin beds, and the wife and I will be sharing the sofa bed (oh joy...).

I've heard that you can ask for an additional mattress topper - is this correct and has anyone got any experience of this and if so, do you request it before you travel or when you get on board?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Sent from my VFD 900 using Forums mobile app

Pullman would be ideal, but P&O couldn't tell me whether our room had one or not!!!

Fingers crossed...

Extra mattress topper would be second vest but better than nothing - so would be interested if anyone had actually managed to get one and how they went about it?

Cheers

Sent from my VFD 900 using Forums mobile app

While on Ventura last year we booked a deluxe balcony cabin, assured by the TA that it was one Pullman and a sofa bed. When we arrived it was a double sofa bed with no Pullman berth. There was no way I was allowing my 14 yr old daughter to share with my 15 year old son and no way my wife and I were sharing a sofa bed for a fortnight on a £7k holiday. I requested a "put me up" bed, they refused (I was told for health and safety reasons, they no longer use this kind of bed) and wouldn't offer any alternative.

I went straight to Argos and bought an electric quick inflate airbed, which was brilliant. The unfortunate thing was the steward refused to make up a bed on the sofa or the airbed on a night, but it was easier than putting up with a sofabed for a fortnight and we used the airbed on the balcony, which was a real bonus.

While on Ventura last year we booked a deluxe balcony cabin, assured by the TA that it was one Pullman and a sofa bed. When we arrived it was a double sofa bed with no Pullman berth. There was no way I was allowing my 14 yr old daughter to share with my 15 year old son and no way my wife and I were sharing a sofa bed for a fortnight on a £7k holiday. I requested a "put me up" bed, they refused (I was told for health and safety reasons, they no longer use this kind of bed) and wouldn't offer any alternative.

I went straight to Argos and bought an electric quick inflate airbed, which was brilliant. The unfortunate thing was the steward refused to make up a bed on the sofa or the airbed on a night, but it was easier than putting up with a sofabed for a fortnight and we used the airbed on the balcony, which was a real bonus.

We are a couple who have had superior deluxe balconies on Ventura several times but never needed the sofa bed.

My point is it might be worth offering the cabin steward a cash tip if he will make the beds up the way you want them making up.

We are a couple who have had superior deluxe balconies on Ventura several times but never needed the sofa bed.

My point is it might be worth offering the cabin steward a cash tip if he will make the beds up the way you want them making up.

A bribe for doing his job. I think £78 (£3.25 x 2 kids x 12 days) should've been adequate recompense along with the £7.5k I paid for the cruise in the first place. That £78 went on purchasing the airbed and the other £78 in tips went on the bill. He would have received his tip AND more had he been bothered to do a half decent job.

The waiters and Maitre'd received their tips in person and the staff at afternoon tea received a substantial tip on top.

A bribe for doing his job. I think £78 (£3.25 x 2 kids x 12 days) should've been adequate recompense along with the £7.5k I paid for the cruise in the first place. That £78 went on purchasing the airbed and the other £78 in tips went on the bill. He would have received his tip AND more had he been bothered to do a half decent job.

The waiters and Maitre'd received their tips in person and the staff at afternoon tea received a substantial tip on top.

Your choice,if it is outside his remit and its something you really want its up to you.

Your choice,if it is outside his remit and its something you really want its up to you.

Quite right. I believe "above and beyond" is what has been mentioned frequently on another thread. In this case "bare minimum" was more accurate. With a different steward with a different attitude it may have been a completely different scenario.

Quite right. I believe "above and beyond" is what has been mentioned frequently on another thread. In this case "bare minimum" was more accurate. With a different steward with a different attitude it may have been a completely different scenario.

Thats true some CS are much better than others and are prepared to go the extra mile for their guests.

I think you will be very unlucky if you get a cabin without a Pullman. Out of the nine of these cabins which we have stayed in only one has been missing the Pullman.

My advice would be not to give up your bed if you can possibly avoid it!