On Adventure of the Seas Now April 2. Any Questions?

Good afternoon.... I am on the AOS and was wondering if I can answer anyone's questions about the ship. Am in Curacao as we speak. Appears only the front half of the ship was refurbished with new cabins... The aft section is same with no changes. Izumi is here and looks nice. Was kind of surprised that lifeguards are on the ships now. Boarding was quick and easy. Oh you can buy surf internet on ship cheaper. You should download WhatsApp before the trip or Google Hangouts before boarding and text to others that way.

Let the questions begin...

Awesome! I had been tossing around the idea of pre-purchasing the surf internet so it's good to know that buying it onboard can save a little money. I was also considering pre-purchasing $$ to go towards the arcade but wasn't sure if there was really any point. Any thoughts on the arcade? Thanks!

We are considering a fall cruise and have it narrowed down to a 7 night on the Allure or 8 night on the Adventure. Both cruises are Eastern Caribbean

itineraries and similar in price. We have cruised on the Oasis and loved it, so I am wondering if you can give me any insight on why I should or shouldn't pick Adventure of the Seas over the Allure?

[upquote=TravelSleuth;55727323]Awesome! I had been tossing around the idea of pre-purchasing the surf internet so it's good to know that buying it onboard can save a little money. I was also considering pre-purchasing $$ to go towards the arcade but wasn't sure if there was really any point. Any thoughts on the arcade? Thanks!

There is a free arcade night the first night...

We did not purchase for our kids. We wanted them to get away from electronics. However if you get buy online there are no deals onboard that I have seen

We are considering a fall cruise and have it narrowed down to a 7 night on the Allure or 8 night on the Adventure. Both cruises are Eastern Caribbean

itineraries and similar in price. We have cruised on the Oasis and loved it, so I am wondering if you can give me any insight on why I should or shouldn't pick Adventure of the Seas over the Allure?

I prefer the smaller ships. No need to over plan your days and trips with reservations for every show. Oasis you have to over plan everything.

My first time sailing from Puerto Rico, how early can you arrive to get on the ship.

I would not arrive much before 10:45am. The porters didn't start taking our bags until 11am a few weeks ago.

I would not arrive much before 10:45am. The porters didn't start taking our bags until 11am a few weeks ago.

I really appreciate you for answering. Hope you had a great cruise. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation and FUN on the 28th of April.

I really appreciate you for answering. Hope you had a great cruise. Looking forward to some rest and relaxation and FUN on the 28th of April.

We had a very nice cruise.:)

[upquote=TravelSleuth;55727323]Awesome! I had been tossing around the idea of pre-purchasing the surf internet so it's good to know that buying it onboard can save a little money. I was also considering pre-purchasing $$ to go towards the arcade but wasn't sure if there was really any point. Any thoughts on the arcade? Thanks!

There is a free arcade night the first night...

We did not purchase for our kids. We wanted them to get away from electronics. However if you get buy online there are no deals onboard that I have seen

Thanks so much!

what nights are the formal nights on this cruise?

For our cruise it may be a bit different... Easter Sunday was our formal night and then Thurs night... But I hear normally it is tues and Thurs.

My first time sailing from Puerto Rico, how early can you arrive to get on the ship.

No one checked out appointment time even though it was 12 noon. No big rush and we're onboard in under 20 min... quick easy and painless

On the Royal Promenade, I was wondering, where does the parade start? Anywhere near guest services?

Our experience has been that the parades start at the forward end of the Royal Promenade.

Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Two questions:

Did you need to make reservations in advance for the shows?

Any way to get a picture of the kids menu in the MDR?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there...no need to make reservations for anything. No need for ice show or even chef table or Giovanni or the murder mystery dinner. They were selling those hard the first day on the ship. Izumi was not pushed hard and never tried. I have a kids menu on phone I can send but not sure how to post a picture

Will you please see if you can run into the activities director and ask for verification on date and time for Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle on Adventure April 28 (7 night) sailing. The Activities director should know. We have a sea day on April 29 so I am assuming it will be that day but would really like to know and what time they are going to have this for us as it is difficult to plan other on board activities. Usually Meet and Mingle is a late morning gathering on other ships but I have heard that on the Puerto Rico sailings they have been afternoon. Also, will you try to find out the day and time for the top tier (we are D+) Crown and Anchor event. Activities director or Loyalty Ambassador should know. THANK YOU!!! Enjoy your cruise.

If possible can you confirm if Izumi has Hibachi Teppanyaki or Hot Rocks.Wanting to clarify for the non seafood lovers in our party, as they enjoy cooking up a steak on the rocks.

TIA.

Happy Cruising

Adventure's Izumi has neither hot rock nor hibachi.

Hi there...no need to make reservations for anything. No need for ice show or even chef table or Giovanni or the murder mystery dinner. They were selling those hard the first day on the ship. Izumi was not pushed hard and never tried. I have a kids menu on phone I can send but not sure how to post a picture

Thank you for the quick response. I look forward seeing the menu if you figure out how to post it

Enjoy the rest of your trip.