Blue lagoon question

On our last day in Reykjavik our ship leaves at 3:30. How can we get to the Blue Lagoon and back on time for departure? We could leave any time in the morning, are there people when you get off the ship that do transport like there are in the Caribbean? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

On our last day in Reykjavik our ship leaves at 3:30. How can we get to the Blue Lagoon and back on time for departure? We could leave any time in the morning, are there people when you get off the ship that do transport like there are in the Caribbean? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

There are usually some taxis waiting at the port...but they are not cheap. Given your early departure that is going to be your best bet...unless you can find a reasonably priced tour. Blue Lagoon is fun...but its probably the biggest tourist trap on the island :). Another option is to simply rent a car for your entire stay...and park it at the port overnight. Then in the morning you simply jump in your car... Rental cars are pretty expensive...but if you book in advance you might be able to get a car for about $120 per day.

Hank

Blue Lagoon is fun...but its probably the biggest tourist trap on the island :). Another option is to simply rent a car for your entire stay...and park it at the port overnight. Then in the morning you simply jump in your car... Rental cars are pretty expensive...but if you book in advance you might be able to get a car for about $120 per day.

Hank

Agree about Blue Lagoon. We thought it was just ok. We flew in a few days before meeting our cruise ship and rented a car at the airport on arrival in the wee hours of the morning & made that our first stop. We booked our time for the opening hour to enjoy the place before it got crazy/crowded. There is nothing inexpensive about Iceland so plan accordingly.

There is a shuttle that runs from the main bus station. You book it thru the BL website. I honestly don't if that is walkable from the port, but it would be a very short taxi I suspect.

If you are interested in the BL, book tickets well ahead. Entry is timed and limited. Once in, you can stay as long as you wish.

There are usually some taxis waiting at the port...but they are not cheap. Given your early departure that is going to be your best bet...unless you can find a reasonably priced tour. Blue Lagoon is fun...but its probably the biggest tourist trap on the island :). Another option is to simply rent a car for your entire stay...and park it at the port overnight. Then in the morning you simply jump in your car... Rental cars are pretty expensive...but if you book in advance you might be able to get a car for about $120 per day.

Hank

I’ve been to the Blue Lagoon before and loved it. It was in Oct. and wasn’t crowded at all, vowed when I left that I would return soon. I’ll see how pricey the cruise excursion is and decide from there. All of our vacations are vacations from work and from driving so renting a car wouldn’t be fun for us! :(

We were in Iceland last week on a land vacation & the Blue Lagoon was easily the best part of our trip. Get there early, traffic is nearly non-existent in Iceland but give yourselves enough time to travel back & forth.