La Havre to Paris

SWFJOE

Will have from 8AM to11PM to see Paris. Two choices from the cruise line.$150 pp to bus in and spend 3 hours on your own and come back or $279pp to bus in, photo stop at Eiffel Tower and see other sites from the bus and then a 1 hour river cruise. Second choice is not the worst option but was wondering if anyone had any other experience getting from port to and from Paris. Thanks for the help.

If this is going to be your only opportunity to see Paris and it's on your bucket list, the only other options are the train (around 2 and 1/4 hours) on your own or a private transfer.

Personally, if you can visit Paris after your cruise and spend some real time there,. (ie., we took the high speed train from Rotterdam to Paris after our cruise last year and stayed 6 days.) I would recommend that.

If that can be done, there is so much around LeHavre that is worth seeing - Rouen, Honfleur, the list is pretty long.

If this is your only opportunity for Paris, go for it.

We had the same time frame when we stopped in Le Havre and decided that the hours on the bus were not worth the hours spent in Paris. We did a tour to Honfleur and were so glad we did. Beautiful town and a lot of history there too.

If you have never been to Paris and think that this will be your only chance, take the $150 bus so you don't waste time with a group. If you tell me where the bus drops you and picks you up I could give you some tips.

If this is not your only Paris opportunity, and you are at all interested in French culture and history, I suggest you train to Rouen. Among other things, the cathedral is very important for several reasons. Among other things, it was painted in all different lights by Monet. Rouen is where Joan of Arc was tried and executed and you can go to the exact spot where she was burnt (very interesting church there in her honor. Rouen also boasts the oldest restaurant in France, La Couronne (c. 1340). That is also where Julia Child had her first French meal. On and on.

I love Paris and would have a hard time visiting for only 3 hours or from a bus, but...as others have said if it is your only opportunity why not? Have you googled Le Havre to Paris day trips? There are reviews on Trip Advisor from cruise ship passengers who have reserved private tour companies, had incredible day trips, and made it back to the ship with time to spare. You might also post on the roll call for your cruise and see if there are any other private tours planned that you can join. The problem with the HAL bus is that you waste a lot of time waiting for everyone to get on and off the bus. I will be happy to provide the names of companies recommended if you are unable to find them. Hope you have a great time in Paris, Cherie

We took our first cruise almost 11 years ago, a Transatlantic with a stop in Le Havre. Paris had never really been on our bucket list, but we thought as long as we were here, why not take the long drive to Paris? Well, we fell in love with Paris and have always wanted to go back to see more of her. it took us 10 years but we finally made it back, last November. It was fabulous. So fabulous that we went back again in January, and I'm trying to figure out another trip there sometime soon.

GO, even if it's just for a few hours. I don't think you'll ever regret it.

Our tour 10 years ago (with a different line) was the bus trip in and a quick drive around the city looking at a few of the various sights, then we were dropped off and on our own for 3-4 hours. At that time, we were dropped off by the Eiffel Tower and we walked along the banks of the Seine almost to Notre Dame, had a light lunch at a little café, then had to hot foot it back to catch the bus to return to Le Havre. Yes, it was a long day. No, we certainly didn't see everything or even a tenth of everything! But YES, it was absolutely worth it!

Hoping you have a wonderful cruise, and that you have a wonderful few hours in Paris!

We've lived in Paris twice and visited there about 25 times. A zip in and zip out with just a few hours makes me crazy and fries my nerves. All those hours on the bus for just a glimpse of the world's most beautiful city? Well, if you must. But I vote for Honfleur, which we visited when we stopped in LeHavre on a cruise last year. We hopped in a cab, went into town, wandered and had lunch. It was a charming French experience. Paris is extraordinary, but needs to be explored at one's leisure.

I love Paris and would have a hard time visiting for only 3 hours or from a bus, but...as others have said if it is your only opportunity why not? Have you googled Le Havre to Paris day trips? There are reviews on Trip Advisor from cruise ship passengers who have reserved private tour companies, had incredible day trips, and made it back to the ship with time to spare. You might also post on the roll call for your cruise and see if there are any other private tours planned that you can join. The problem with the HAL bus is that you waste a lot of time waiting for everyone to get on and off the bus. I will be happy to provide the names of companies recommended if you are unable to find them. Hope you have a great time in Paris, Cherie

We are arriving in Honfleur on another cruise line, and I am also having difficulty finding a private tour to Paris. Cccole, you mentioned that you could suggest some private tour companies. Would you mind sharing those please? Thank you!

We are arriving in Honfleur on another cruise line, and I am also having difficulty finding a private tour to Paris. Cccole, you mentioned that you could suggest some private tour companies. Would you mind sharing those please? Thank you!

http://www.driverguidefrance.com was recommended on TA by someone who used them for a Le Havre-Paris tour. If your tour is not on their website it appears that you can contact them to make private arrangements. Having persons from your roll call join the tour would, of course, bring the cost down. Another company that could be helpful is wellarrangedtravel.com. And, I expect your answer is "yes", but did you ask this question on the France Ports of Call forum and your roll call? As others have said, I would avoid depending on the train because of the 3 month rolling train strikes in France. I hope you will post what you decide. Cherie