Business class on B.A.

G. GIRL

We’ve upgraded to business class for our flights to Athens and home from Venice.

What has been your experience of this service with B.A. ?

BA was running an old 744 Boeing early model 747 and it was tired out of Heathrow . We did it once and changed to American air bus - ask either your agent or Viking air what type of aircraft and stops you’ll be taking . Check into economy plus - it could be a money saver . Also check into Viking’s air plus, you can ask about non stops with air plus .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First, congrats on the upgrade!!! Thanks is nice.

We've been lucky to fly business class on several airlines, and we've flown BA as well as many others.

As has already been said, we are also not fans of the BA business class herringbone seating arrangement (our experience was on the 747, which sounds similar to the A380. Take a look at the seating chart on seatguru.com. If you are traveling with someone else, likely one of you will be facing the front, and the other the back. You'll have a little plastic partition which you can raise and lower for privacy. The design of these seats is such that it is very easy to be looking right at the person in the adjoining seat if you don't have the partition up.

However, the service was fine, as well as the food and drink. You won't suffer! LOL.

Edited by RJ2002

We’ve upgraded to business class for our flights to Athens and home from Venice.

We flew BA from Bergen last year. It was 747 upstairs. What can I say - everything is old. My TV was broken, the food was blah. BUT the service was fantastic. Very attentive. Drinks were offered non-stop. The flight attendant tried to fix my TV. When he found out that we wanted to see the same movie,

he manage to bring us to first class. They had free seats. After the movie we were going back and flight attendants offered to stay. We politely declined but this was very nice gesture.

Heathrow Business Club is pitiful - empty counters where food should be, crowded with no service. There was anything you want to drink but no food. When my husband asked about food at the service desk, the answer was “if you don’t like this club, don’t use it”. This was our first and last time with BA.

The bottom line - people on board are great.

Where is home, if its Europe the replies will be different

We are from the UK. Our aircraft has no first class area just business class and economy. The seating is of the type where the middle seat has been removed to give you more space.

We have heard that the legroom isn’t any better than economy but we are hoping that the overall experience will be better. Let’s hope we are fortunate.

We are from the UK. Our aircraft has no first class area just business class and economy. The seating is of the type where the middle seat has been removed to give you more space.

We have heard that the legroom isn’t any better than economy but we are hoping that the overall experience will be better. Let’s hope we are fortunate.

You are correct, same leg room but with the middle seat free, you will have fast track at the airport and lounge access, coffee, soft drinks, bacon roll, wine etc and then decent food on the plane.

BA economy is now pretty poor, enjoy the upgrade.

Also I don't think BA economy on flights in Europe provide free food so even more reason to enjoy the upgrade. We do business if have to use BA in Europe and you get a bigger luggage allowance which is sometimes useful.

We were upstairs on a 747 and had a great time. Maybe we are just easily impressed, but had very good service (Phoenix to London and back). I was not well on the return flight and they did all they could to make me comfortable. We will be on American business on the next flight later this month so will be able to compare (Miami to Barcelona, 772 aircraft).

Hi,

A couple of tips for you which I hope are helpful.

1. Pay and preselect seats if you can. It costs a bit more but it stops you having to worry about being together etc and if you are booking far out you will have the choice of the cabin. You won't be able to book the first row if you are some time out, but even if it eventually becomes available I'd avoid rows 1 and 2 as the overhead lockers regularly get filled by cabin crew either for their own carry on or for other stuff needed for the flight. We tend to always book 3D and 3F. We prefer that side of the plane and we normally get overhead locker space. It is also a better view of London on the return in to LHR assuming that you aren't going via LGW.

2. Excellent passengers often receive excellent service and others don't. I always read the name badge of the person serving and call them by name and strike up a bit of banter. A smile nearly always gets better service. We pretty much nearly always receive better service and more booze and attention than those around us.

3. Check in online 24 hours out and when you do don't declare luggage ie declare only carry on and say you have no baggage to check in. If there is anyone bounced off the flight due to overbooking then you are reducing odds of it being you as you will be on the system as someone who has checked in and will not be going to the counter and they will choose someone else. But then arrive early at the airport and check your bags in fast bag drop. Remember to use the lounge.

3. Have realistic expectations. A lot of BA doesn't stack up to the competition and it basically after all just a bus to get you to the cruise with a touch more space and service.

Enjoy your flights.