Pictures of Oosterdam

edcarp

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like to see lots of pictures of a ship before I book a cruise. So when I was on the Oosterdam in November I made sure to take lots of pictures of the ship and my cabin.

Here's a link to all the pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=12mhl50z.4vf5upjj&Uy=zdaft5&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

If it asks you to sign-in you can choose not to...

Very nice pictures. We will be on the "O" in May. Sailing from Seattle to Alaska. 1st time on one of the larger ships. We have been on the Maasdam/Ryndam size ships. I am sure though that it will not take long to get use to the larger ship. Thanks again for pictures.

WOW!! What wonderful pictures. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Thanks so much for sharing with us. I am curious, did you travel during Thanksgiving? I was just surprised to see as many children as I did. When we were on the Zuiderdam earlier this month there were only a handful.

I am sailing the Oosterdam in March.

Marie

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really like to see lots of pictures of a ship before I book a cruise. So when I was on the Oosterdam in November I made sure to take lots of pictures of the ship and my cabin.

Thanks so much, great photos; 30 days from today I can see for myself. :D

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. I walked around all over that ship and your pictures felt like I was walking the decks again. Many of these area's I never did take photos of so it was nice... I have to really stop looking at all these photos because I want to go again now...

Nobby

I am curious, did you travel during Thanksgiving? I was just surprised to see as many children as I did. When we were on the Zuiderdam earlier this month there were only a handful.

I am sailing the Oosterdam in March.

Marie

Yes. We were on during Thanksgiving week, and there were lots and lots of families.

In your awesome photos I noticed the wonderful bedding. Do you know if ALL the rooms have the new bedding? I thought the SOE was not scheduled until later 2006. When on the Zuiderdam earlier this month, we did not have the nice bedding and it was a disappointment. I thought maybe it was because the SOE had not been done yet. We were in a balcony cabin, and I will be in an outside cabin on the Oosterdam, since I am sailing solo, thus solo rate :).

Marie

I didn't see any rooms without the new bedding. I think you can pretty much depend on getting the upgraded linens and such.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I won't tell my sister, so it will be a surprise. We both like nice linens. We each have our own room, so we will thoroughly enjoy the pampering, of the bedding :). On the Zuiderdam, it was just plain ole sheets, with fuzzy old blankets, lol.

Marie

Thank you so much for taking the time to detail the Oosterdam. We are leaving on her this morning, December 30, for the New Year's cruise and except for an invited guest overview back when she first came to San Diego, I see that we missed seeing quite a few of the layout. Your pictures gave me a real view of the ship and I'm anxious to see them in person. By the way, I looked at each and every one you took just this morning so they would be fresh in my mind when we got onboard.

I'm holding back the area by the gym that you mentioned, from my husband, as he normally finds all the nooks and crannies of every ship we've been on and I told him I want him to tell me he found this secret spot.

Happy New Year.

Excellent job in taking photos of the lovely Oosterdam. You have an excellent eye for photography! WELL DONE. You whitted my excitement for my departure on the Oosterdam in just 1 week and 1 day. :D

You caught some views I didn't in my "photo tour." I may have caught a few you didn't in mine ... if you're interested, you can find it here:

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/oosterdam05/Menu43.html

Thanks Reverand Neal. I actually was happy to find your site and pictures of the Oosterdam before I left on my cruise. You inspired me to take my own and post them, so that others could benefit from mine, the way I benefitted from yours.

Thanks again, Ed

Thanks Reverand Neal. I actually was happy to find your site and pictures of the Oosterdam before I left on my cruise. You inspired me to take my own and post them, so that others could benefit from mine, the way I benefitted from yours.

I'm honored ... truly honored. As you have discovered, it is a great joy to take the photos and then share them with others. They encourage and help smooth over the days between "today" and departure on our next cruises. :)

Thanks you!

Archived