How to best use RC points on Celebrity-Will be using companion fare

Alrighty,

This is going to sound complicated, don't mean it to be but here goes:

Have 200,000 some points with the RC credit card. Will probably use for a Celebrity Cruise - companion fare for a 9 day Caribbean cruise or possible just use for a $1500 Cruise Vacation Discount off of the fare (rest to be used for onboard credit)

I think I have to book with Celebrity direct - but then we are paying for a regular fare with the 2nd fare free if we do companion fare. Do we get the option of any perks with the one fare?

Do we get any perks with this or are we completely out of luck on perks if we use the points for a fare? If that's the case then maybe it's best to use it for OBC. Thoughts?

I'm sure there's pitfalls we don't know about, we're taking a cruise in early early in December. Thanks for everyone's help.

You can (and Should) use your TA. Easy to redeem through Bank of America. First place a deposit and tell TA you'll be using credits. Apply credits toward cruise itself.

Taken 3 free cruises but now use credits towards balance due.

You can also open up X credit cards to get the $100 bonus for OBC.

There’s another option to consider....after the cruise is booked use the points for a credit on your credit card balance rather than waiting to use the money as OBC.

I believe that 200,000 points gets you $2000 in credit. Look at the "cruise discount" option. You would have to combine redeeming 150,000 points and 50,000 points but that should not be a problem.

You need to have a cruise booked to exercise this option, as I recall, because you need to attach the redemption to a booking number.

Edited by cruisestitch

We use points to reduce final payment amount...via Cap Club ...( we do not use a TA)...then we also use points for OBC... esp not that bookings do not include triple perks,,

We keep our points bal low...just in case they end the program ( as X did with its Royal card) or we stop cruising!

• 1 month later...