Upgrade Bid thoughts....

boang1971

Sailing on Escape in June and just received an upgrade bid offer (first for us-so I apologize for the questions) We are booked in a balcony room (myself, husband and 15 year old son) Our offers are mini suites and havens (not bidding on haven) Is it worth the “risk” to not know what/where my cabin will be to bid on a mini suite? ($25:$400 pp? Am I better off to call the upbid number?

Thanks for your help!!

The upsell desk was closed and replaced with the automated system. You can always call and pay the difference in price for a better room, and pick your room.

The balcony and MiniSuite room size is nearly identical. The extra space all goes to the bathroom. If you want a full size shower and bigger sink, bid on the mini. If the bathroom doesn’t matter. Stay where you are. We like the bigger bathroom and always book a mini.

The upsell desk was closed and replaced with the automated system. You can always call and pay the difference in price for a better room, and pick your room.

The balcony and MiniSuite room size is nearly identical. The extra space all goes to the bathroom. If you want a full size shower and bigger sink, bid on the mini. If the bathroom doesn’t matter. Stay where you are. We like the bigger bathroom and always book a mini.

We have a room with angled balcony....I am thinking that I am risking loosing that extra room on the balcony and spending more...maybe I will be better to stick with what I have!

We have a room with angled balcony....I am thinking that I am risking loosing that extra room on the balcony and spending more...maybe I will be better to stick with what I have!

We to are cruising in June and we also have an angled balcony. We got the same bidding notice with the same upgrade cabins. I am not bidding on that mini suite. I would rather keep my balcony that can even fit a lounger on it then a larger bathroom. I have been in many angled balcony's and thats the only type I choose.

I think this is one of those things you have to decide if the risk is worth it. This year we booked a balcony (two rooms side by side) with my parents, for a pretty good price, and thought about doing the bidding to a mini suite, but we wanted to be next door to each other. The day after final payment was due a ton of mini suites were available, and we were able to move from the balcony to a mini suite for $100 total and it cost my parents $0 to upgrade.

I guess the moral of the story is you have to decide what you want... I would check and see how much it would be to pick your own mini suite that has a balcony you like in a location you like and see what the price difference is. This is only my second cruise on NCL, and we've only cruised in mini suites, so I have no point of reference to compare a balcony to a mini suite, but we loved the mini suite last summer on the Epic and there was a stupid amount of storage that my teenager managed to fill up.

We are on the Getaway in a few weeks. I have an aft balcony right now. I thought about a mini suite but I don't want to give up my large aft balcony. I did put bids in for an aft PH but they are very low. I too had to decide if I wanted to risk losing my aft for something possibly less desirable and I am still considering withdrawing my bid.