Eliminating IMAX and Thrill Theatre

Not sure why some are saying this is a conspiracy or rumor. Carnival has confirmed that there is no Imax on the Panorama. We like the Imax on the Vista but I'm not one to insist on ever ship having the exact same things (i.e. it doesn't bother me that Horizon replaces Red Frog Pub with Guy's Smokehouse).

While we don't know what Carnival will put in it's place, a quick look at the deck plan shows where new cabins are going in and where an unnamed public area will be.

On Horizon and Vista the Thrill Theater and Imax lobby are on deck 6 above the main lobby. The Imax then takes up decks 7, 8, and 9. On the Panorama, the arcade will move to where the Thrill Theater and Imax lobby was in addition to 2 new interior cabins that didn't exist on the Vista or Horizon. Club O2 is moving from deck 4 to deck 6 where the arcade was. Decks 7 and 8 show a blank public space where the Imax was. Carnival has stated that a new public space is going in there. Where the Imax extended to Deck 9 on Vista and Horizon the new public space will only be 2 levels on Panorama. Carnival has added what looks to be 16 new staterooms in this area on Deck 9 bringing double occupancy to 4008 up from 3960 on Horizon which was up from 3934 on Vista.

No conspiracies. No downgrading (at least until we find out what it is). Just a new area and, yes, a few new rooms.

On a side note, by moving Club O2 to deck 6, it opens a space on deck 4 for another public area that's not for kids. my guess is that they will put Red Frog Pub here so that they can have both it and Guy's Smokehouse on the Panorama.

On a side note, by moving Club O2 to deck 6, it opens a space on deck 4 for another public area that's not for kids. my guess is that they will put Red Frog Pub here so that they can have both it and Guy's Smokehouse on the Panorama.

I agree. I think Carnival may have somewhat underestimated the popularity of the Red Frog Pub when they replaced it with Guy’s Pig & Anchor on Horizon. It would also allow Carnival to promote the RFP as “new to the West Coast”.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No conspiracy theories. I don’t think it’s more cutbacks either. Just noticed they dropped the theatres. Hope something good as a replacement. I think the Guys smokehouse is an improvement over Red Frog Pub. Was on the Vista and we did like the theater tho. The showroom shows aren’t very good tho. They could use some improvements. Taking out the theater takes away an option if you don’t like what’s in the showroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums