Eliminating IMAX and Thrill Theatre

As this is currently only taking place on the new yet to be built/launched Panorama, until ships with IMAX (Vista/ Horizon) go into drydock for any upgrades, versus just normal maintenance, we don't know if Carnival is scrubbing these concepts.

My current guess is that while there may be a new feature in the Imax space on the Empress deck, the upper two decks will be converted to more cabins. Same could hold true is Thrill Theater on the Upper deck, but with no current cabins on the port side in that area and presence of Atrium, the could be something else converting to that space.

mostly likely carnival is facing the same problem that other land based movie theaters have: lack of ticket sales. people is not going to the movies as they used too back in the day

I doubt it's just that. The movie theater business is just not a profitable one, especially if you aren't selling a bunch of concessions.

My best guess is that they are going to really expand on their shopping options. They have already announced that intent, I just don't know if it was from the existing space, or additional.

I agree with the fresh popped popcorn. A movie is not the same without it.

I really hope they don't get rid of the thrill theater. I was looking forward to that at sea with my son. There are few options for activities for him and he really enjoyed the one we went to in Galveston.

I found a Panorama deck plan on GoCCL that is publicly available. ( https://help.goccl.com/ci/fattach/get/2823392/1521640621/redirect/1/filename/Panorama%20Deck%20Plan%20PDF.pdf ) The Arcade and 2 cabins are on Deck 6 where the Thrill Theatre would be on Vista. No detail yet on Decks 7 and 8 for Panorama. There are cabins on Deck 9 that would be part of the IMAX theatre on Vista.

Where the arcade is located on Vista (Deck 6) is now Club O2 on Panorama. Club O2’s spot on Deck 4 on the Vista has not been revealed on Panorama.

Panorama could very well wind up with both a Red Frog Pub and a Guy’s Pig & Anchor Smokehouse/Brewhouse - the latter is listed on Panorama’s deck plan.

Laser Tag and Escape Room seem to be the leading candidates here.

Also, Panorama is the first Carnival ship to have more than 4,000 Lower berths - 4,008 to be exact. Vista only has 3,934. I presume maximum capacity will be the same me since the lifeboats are likely identical in number and design.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Whatever they pick will monetize the space better than the theaters. It's all about the $$$$ to Carnival.

If they didn’t make money they wouldn’t be in business.

If they cannot pop it better indoors than they do on Lido, they won't sell any.

Lido popcorn or styrofoam packing peanuts.... same same (but the styrofoam probably has a bit more “crunch”?

mostly likely carnival is facing the same problem that other land based movie theaters have: lack of ticket sales. people is not going to the movies as they used too back in the day

Not so sure about that. When I was on the Vista in October, we went to the movies and it was packed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app