New Cuba Itineraries Available

MistyRo76

Carnival has just changed a bunch of itineraries to include stops in Cuba. I noticed a new April, 2019 sailing when I was price checking my original booking and now there are Cuba bookings available in every month next year (previously they were only available in just a few months in 2019). I read a post on another site where someone mentioned their cruise changed from Mahogany Bay/Cozumel to Key West/Cozumel/Havana. I can understand some being upset with the change as there are more costs associated with cruises to Cuba (requires passport, $75 Visa fee and required to do excursions to meet the P2P requirement). But it's such a great opportunity! Looks like they added about 20 new Cuba sailings altogether!

Be warned you have to buy some sort of visa to go there, CCL takes care of it, even for Canadians. My friends are going this summer, and asked about it. Also you can only get Cuban currency in Cuba. They, the stores, don't take US$. At the pier, there is a kiosk or office or what ever, and they are prepared for you, give them $50.00US and they'll give you the equivalent, minus a charge of course, + about $42.00 ish Cuban. For speed, use $50.00 increments.

Be warned you have to buy some sort of visa to go there, CCL takes care of it, even for Canadians. My friends are going this summer, and asked about it. Also you can only get Cuban currency in Cuba. They, the stores, don't take US$. At the pier, there is a kiosk or office or what ever, and they are prepared for you, give them $50.00US and they'll give you the equivalent, minus a charge of course, + about $42.00 ish Cuban. For speed, use $50.00 increments.

In the same building on the same floor right after customs is where you exchange your money. The rate of exchange is $1 US for $1 CUC but they charge you If I remember correctly 13% for the exchange. If you have any CUCs left and want to cash them back in, they charge you another 3%.