Symphony of the Seas - Please share your opinions, experiences, etc.

These might be outdated now since she has added shows and entertainment since the maiden voyage, but you can look at these:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2625606

My personal Tips:

1. Quick and easy lunch? Head to deck 8 for Park Cafe, great food and not as busy as Windjammer
  2. Wear a bathing suit on board... Flowrider is open and you can ride it with a short line.
  3. Get to the port early.... Although it is very efficient to get on the ship, (pier staff is fantastic) that counts as Day 1, so make the most of it.
  4. Plant Z... Great experience for Adults and kids.. But it can have a 2 hour line, I did it the first day with no wait. Just make sure that you have closed toed shoes.
  5. Drink Package? Worth it in my opinion... I drink a lot of Tito's and Cranberry + Crown Royal so it payed for itself. I have also found if you ask for receipt (if you have a drink package) I get better bar service because I add an extra tip!
  6. Enjoy your cruise... Don't stress because you won't enjoy it.
  7. I brought Euros to spend onshore, but found most places preferred credit cards, i have the RCCL CC and I avoided Foreign Transaction fees.
  8. She is a big ship with a lot to see and do... Make sure to leave yourself time to explore! I love getting up early (before the crowds) and roam the ship or pulling into a port with a cup of coffee.
  9. Book your shows... That is a must! I always do the comedy show!
  10. Have fun and take a lot of pictures!

What is Plant Z (item #4)?

Be careful with the bogo or fndr, Chops, 150, and Wonderland are usualy not included

Is this right? We've got the BOGOF for our Symphony cruise on the 3rd June. We were hoping to go to Wonderland.

Funnily enough, we were disappointed with Wonderland, it bore no comparison to the one on Ovation which I wholeheartedly would recommend. I concur with the Aqua show statement, every single show was cancelled on our cruise, so the chance to rebook if the earlier ones are cancelled is an option. Do try the Ultimate Abyss, but be warned that you have to wear long legs, no shorts allowed. We did it as soon as we boarded, well almost. I would also recommend Jamies Italian. We had lunch in there (it was free as we were in a Central Park Balcony) and it was excellent. No one back home believes me as the UK land based ones are overpriced rubbish! 1977 was great fun and so was the laser tag.

All I would say is, enjoy her, she's great.

We did the Ultimate Abyss on Harmony. Never required long pants. Is this something new.

It is the Lazer Tag course set-up in Studio B (Deck 4)

Well worth it!

Thank you. Knew there was laser tag but didn't know the name. Our kids will love that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Do try the Ultimate Abyss, but be warned that you have to wear long legs, no shorts allowed. We did it as soon as we boarded, well almost.

I disagree here... I have always worn short's on Harmony and Symphony and I am always able to ride down the Abyss with no issues. My wife and I use it as an "Elevator" if we need the Boardwalk! haha

Do try the Ultimate Abyss, but be warned that you have to wear long legs, no shorts allowed.

No such requiremend by the end of March on the Symphony. You are sitting on a mat with the legs inside. So no need to cover your legs anyway. I was allowed to take my camera but had to tuck it between my legs. Glasses had to be off and stored inside the clothing.

steamboats