Talkeetna

Hobbes67

We are a day and 1/2 in Talkeetna as part of a Princess land/sea vacation. I know that you can take a shuttle into town, but what else is available. I saw on the hotel website a number of excursion that we are considering. Has anyone done any excursions there? I am not interested in any helicopter, but open to all others.

We are a day and 1/2 in Talkeetna as part of a Princess land/sea vacation. I know that you can take a shuttle into town, but what else is available. I saw on the hotel website a number of excursion that we are considering. Has anyone done any excursions there? I am not interested in any helicopter, but open to all others.

Are you in Talkeetna or are you at the McKinley Princess Lodge which is an hour north of Talkeetna?

On the main highway from Talkeetna is Alaska Bush Float Plane Service - about 5 miles south out of town. I understand you not wanting a helicopter - are you open to a float plane? They have both Denali flightseeing and fly-in fishing tours. They also have a wildlife hike. You can see their info at

Alaska Bush Float Plane Service...

35734166106_e05681f593_b.jpg

34934627944_69845aa82c_b.jpg

Edited by SuperCrewBear

We stayed overnight at the McKinley Lodge and were called by the front desk shortly after going to bed a 11 pm that 'the mountain is out!". The next morning, after going to bed at 1 am with the mountain still out and the sun not yet set, we took the shuttle into Talkeetna with our luggage (our train to Anchorage was in the early afternoon) where we took a spectacular Denail summit flight with K2 arranged thru Princess. When we returned we picked up our luggage - stored at K2 - and walked over to the train station. Everything worked like a charm!

• 2 weeks later...
On the main highway from Talkeetna is Alaska Bush Float Plane Service - about 5 miles south out of town. I understand you not wanting a helicopter - are you open to a float plane? They have both Denali flightseeing and fly-in fishing tours. They also have a wildlife hike. You can see their info at

Alaska Bush Float Plane Service...

35734166106_e05681f593_b.jpg

34934627944_69845aa82c_b.jpg

I second these people....Jason and his Dad are wonderful pilots and they have outstanding tours...I have flown with them many times, summer and winter...We go to Talkeetna frequently to see good friends who live there....In fact, that teal plane in the photos is theirs...

There are also great river boating trips...a very exciting one is the Canyon. There are run by Mahays River boats...http://www.mahaysriverboat.com/ check them out also....and Talkeetna is the best place to view Denali...and BTW, na on the end of a word means river in Athabascan....