How do you treat the Crew?

sunbrookgal

On our TA. A high level crew member said the following. I may have a word or two wrong. However the gist is the following.

"The crew came a long way to serve you."

I found those words telling. We had a wonderful time learning who the crew was, not just their names. When you have 7 sea days in a row you either sink or swim. The reason why we booked 50+ more days on Viking Ocean while on our TA was directly due to the crew. From what I read prior, and up until today, how wonderful the crew is.

Viking Ocean is good to their employees, its obvious and it shows.

Peace n Love all, Happy Friday

A major reason I like Viking. I've had serious issues with Viking corporate but we have always been treated extremely well by the crews. They are either happy with their difficult jobs or are great actors. I say the former. People aren't perfect but the crews continually go out of their way to please. I need to remind myself to be more directly and personally thankful.

"and we travelled a long way to enjoy our cruise"

We treat the crew like anyone else we meet, with a smile, with a hello, with dignity, and with respect.

People who look down on service people and treat them with disdain or disrespect are revealing their own low class and insecurities.

The energy you project surrounds you and is strengthened the more energy you give it. Project positive energy with warmth and respect and you get that back many times over. Project the opposite, and guess what you get back?

Ever notice how some folks walk around with a frown all the time and act like they are miserable even on one of the finest ships at sea?

On Viking River and on 2 VO cruises I've been very pleased with the courtesy of the crew, the care they give, and their ability to seemingly get to know YOU. Compound that with the sense that they love their job and the folks they work with - what's not to like? It takes no effort at all to behave the same including doing what I can to make their job easier. As Sargasso says - positive energy amplifies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We always treat all crew members with respect, and a friendly greeting is always part of that. We steer clear of over-familiarity, but there is no harm in being pleasant towards crew.

I treat them with respect and as friends. I am way too familiar but I identify more with them than management. I like that they tell me I know more crew members by name than any other guest.

I like to find out about their lives and aspirations.

I also try to get along with officers and management. I believe that there are only two that actively dislike me and one of them pretends not to lol.

invited the crew to hang out at the beach during on of our stops and we met up with them, had drinks, swam etc... good times. Although we were roughly similar ages to them so was not weird asking them to hang out outside of the ship.

On really long cruises I honestly can't see how one would not develop friendships with members of the crew. Especially those you interact with every day. Or in small settings, e.g. the choir on this year's World Cruise. Viking certainly does not discourage it either. Even if it's a "friendship" that only lasts until the last day of the cruise. It's what makes a cruise enjoyable and special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums