Serenity area on Carnival Splendor

Two adults travelling with a 13 year old who I am guessing will be in the teen area all day. If the adults want to enjoy the Serenity adults only deck, can the 13 year old even check in with us there, not lay in a chair or anything. I guess my question is can they access the area?

Technically speaking, no. There isn't access allowed for anyone under 21.

However, on a prior cruise, I can't remember if it was Splendor or Dream, my daughter was trying to check in with me via Hub chat & it wasn't working. She knew we were on Serenity so she came up to tell us where she was going. Nobody stopped her from walking in. She found me, told me her plans & moved on out. She didn't try hang around nor would I have let her.

So the short answer is no, they can't, but if they try to pop in for a quick check in, they may not be stopped either.

Two adults travelling with a 13 year old who I am guessing will be in the teen area all day. If the adults want to enjoy the Serenity adults only deck, can the 13 year old even check in with us there, not lay in a chair or anything. I guess my question is can they access the area?

No they can't, it is ADULTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of the Serenity Deck, could hangout around the aft pool, Deck 9. Pool is adult only, but the deck isn’t. No one would think twice about a 13yo checking in with his parents.

Splendor’s Serenity Deck is, IMHO awkward and always has a potential of being hit by an errant golf ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said, it is technically 21+. I can say, however, that no one would bat an eye if your 13 year old just came to check in, held a 30 second conversation, and left. I've seen it happen several times. It's only when they decide to stay that a problem arises.

As others have said, it is technically 21+. I can say, however, that no one would bat an eye if your 13 year old just came to check in, held a 30 second conversation, and left. I've seen it happen several times. It's only when they decide to stay that a problem arises.

Furthermore, they need to conduct themselves accordingly in those 30 seconds. OP; If your child has good manners and only going to be around to check in IMHO it would not be a big deal. So I say do the Serenity deck, and enjoy it. My DW and I do not lay out in the sun, but if we did it would be Serenity. On the Carnival Valor they had a bar in there(shaded) so we sat there for about 2 hrs, it was nice and peaceful without all the kids running around.

Furthermore, they need to conduct themselves accordingly in those 30 seconds. OP; If your child has good manners and only going to be around to check in IMHO it would not be a big deal. So I say do the Serenity deck, and enjoy it. My DW and I do not lay out in the sun, but if we did it would be Serenity. On the Carnival Valor they had a bar in there(shaded) so we sat there for about 2 hrs, it was nice and peaceful without all the kids running around.

I have seen adults behave like little kids with no manners in the Serenity deck.

When I am in the Serenity area, I bring a neon orange vest, whistle, clipboard and digital camera with me. If I notice anyone NOT APPROPRIATE attempting to enter the area, I blow my whistle, warn the intruder of the infraction, record their name, and take a picture. At the end of my shift, I submit my record (including digital print outs of all pictures) to the Cruise Director for immediate follow-up.

I find enforcing rules a very enjoyable way to spend my vacation.

Just kidding. You will be fine. :) (But if you see me in my neon vest, please say hello!)

I have seen adults behave like little kids with no manners in the Serenity deck.

So what? That means that kids should come in the area they are not supposed to be in? Because YOU think you saw adults acting a certain way back there?