Sapphire Princess suite balconies

Dev'sMom

Hello,

I'm looking at this ship for a possible Norwegian Fjords 2019 cruise. I see in the exterior images that some balconies are exposed at least partially and can be viewed from other balconies in above decks. We're interested in penthouse suites (midship), or owner or grand suite (aft only). The GS and OS are just below the terrace pool, which I'm not sure would equal a noise problem in our room or balcony as well. And will it be too easy for us to see in others' balconies when we're out on ours just trying to enjoy the sea or port views? I am a little on the fence with aft also because I'm concerned about feeling the ship move much more vs mid-ship.

I asked a similar question a few months ago with no bites, hoping someone who's been in these suites can let me know. Thanks :-)

Hello' date='

I'm looking at this ship for a possible Norwegian Fjords 2019 cruise. I see in the exterior images that some balconies are exposed at least partially and can be viewed from other balconies in above decks. We're interested in penthouse suites (midship), or owner or grand suite (aft only). The GS and OS are just below the terrace pool, which I'm not sure would equal a noise problem in our room or balcony as well. And will it be too easy for us to see in others' balconies when we're out on ours just trying to enjoy the sea or port views? I am a little on the fence with aft also because I'm concerned about feeling the ship move much more vs mid-ship.

I asked a similar question a few months ago with no bites, hoping someone who's been in these suites can let me know. Thanks :-)[/quote']Haven't travelled in the OS or GS suites but have done the aft Penthouse which do experience more movement than midship. Also there is considerable wake noise when sitting on the balcony which stops clear conversation..Personally I think the Sapphire midship Penthouse suites are far better. They are on Caribe Deck which has the extra depth balconies on the grand class ships. They are half open and half covered. Also you get double width with the two sets of patio doors. I would take one of those with a heartbeat.

Hope this helps.[emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app

Alternatively, I've twice cruised in an aft vista suite - once to Alaska and once to Hawaii and loved it each time. So much so we've booked one on the sapphire for September.

We found the aft suite to be very private, didn't feel the wake noise was obtrusive but then I suppose we didn't sit out there chatting, we would be reading probably with headphones on. I know my husband fell asleep everytime he got out there. I do remember playing Uno outside so it couldn't have been that noisy!

I like that there isn't a lot of foot fall outside the door as you are obviously at the very end of the corridor.

Alternatively, I've twice cruised in an aft vista suite - once to Alaska and once to Hawaii and loved it each time. So much so we've booked one on the sapphire for September.

We found the aft suite to be very private, didn't feel the wake noise was obtrusive but then I suppose we didn't sit out there chatting, we would be reading probably with headphones on. I know my husband fell asleep everytime he got out there. I do remember playing Uno outside so it couldn't have been that noisy!

I like that there isn't a lot of foot fall outside the door as you are obviously at the very end of the corridor.

This was also our experience in an aft Vista suite on a California Coastal cruise 6 years ago. One of the highlights was sitting on the balcony eating dinner (ordered off the MDR menu) and having a bottle of California wine as the sun was setting when we departed San Francisco and sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge. It was magical!

Thank you all for your prompt replies! Gives me good food for thought! What did you think of your balcony privacy--could you been seen from above? Could you see others below? We're not trying to do anything "private" on our balcony but like to have the feeling of privacy in our jammies!

Thank you all for your prompt replies! Gives me good food for thought! What did you think of your balcony privacy--could you been seen from above? Could you see others below? We're not trying to do anything "private" on our balcony but like to have the feeling of privacy in our jammies!

If I remember correctly the aft suites have fully covered balconies - and if I don't remember correctly :D they were mostly covered.

The aft suites are fully covered and you definitely will have privacy.

With the exception of the camera in the corner!

I suspect its so they can be sure you aren't going to jump of the back! But both the afts we have had had a camera in the corner.

It didn't stop me going out in my jammies each and every day! God love the poor bugger that got that vision of beauty every day ;-)

If you want a balcony with absolute privacy from view from above or either side, then book one of the Grand Suites on the Grand Princess. You will even get a Jacuzzi tub on your balcony.

• 4 weeks later...
If you want a balcony with absolute privacy from view from above or either side, then book one of the Grand Suites on the Grand Princess. You will even get a Jacuzzi tub on your balcony.

I hope that's true for the Sapphire Princess as well. I don't mind the safety cameras, jammies and all :D. The more I look at the step-down layout of the Sapphire Princess, the more I'm leaning toward aft Grand or Owner Suite. I do hope there's no noise from the pool area above. I just have to wait it out to see if things go well on our June Alaska cruise! Hopefully those rooms will still be available.

The midship penthouse suites are on Caribe deck. The balconies are 9 feet deep with the first 5 feet covered by the balcony above and the last 4 feet uncovered.

The aft Aloha deck suite balconies are also partially uncovered. There is a portion of the railing at the Terrace Pool that extends out as far as the uncovered portion of the suite balconies below so people would need to look over the rail to see part of the suite balcony.

There are also two balcony cabins on both sides of the suites that are partially uncovered without the extended portion of the Terrace Pool above. We had one of those cabins and never noticed people staring down at our balcony.

The midship penthouse suites are on Caribe deck. The balconies are 9 feet deep with the first 5 feet covered by the balcony above and the last 4 feet uncovered.

The aft Aloha deck suite balconies are also partially uncovered. There is a portion of the railing at the Terrace Pool that extends out as far as the uncovered portion of the suite balconies below so people would need to look over the rail to see part of the suite balcony.

There are also two balcony cabins on both sides of the suites that are partially uncovered without the extended portion of the Terrace Pool above. We had one of those cabins and never noticed people staring down at our balcony.

Hi! Thanks for the info! So are the uncovered portions of the midship PH balconies visible from above? I like the space that the aft Grand/Owner offer but if we need more stability, we'll go with midship.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of cabins, etc after the dry dock that just happened!

Hi! Thanks for the info! So are the uncovered portions of the midship PH balconies visible from above? I like the space that the aft Grand/Owner offer but if we need more stability' date=' we'll go with midship.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of cabins, etc after the dry dock that just happened![/quote']If people on the Baja and Aloha decks look over their railings, they can see the uncovered portion of you balcony. We have never had a problem with the partially covered balconies of the Caribe deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
If people on the Baja and Aloha decks look over their railings, they can see the uncovered portion of you balcony. We have never had a problem with the partially covered balconies of the Caribe deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I appreciate the confirmation :)