Zombie Killer

Gravedigger

As a mother of a 7 year old boy I full heartedly believe it is MY job as a parent to teach him right from wrong, and fantasy vs realitity...so I do not blame games, music, movies etc as an excuse for my sons behavior and or upbringing....so while I do have to teach my child "no son zombies do not exist and you can not shoot people in the head" I do not consider that any different then "no son you can not fly like peter pan and visit never-neverland" etc etc etc....so this game and others have never bothered me, what has always bothered me are parents who put the blame on video games and not themselves for teaching their children.....

Very well said, thank you

As a mother of a 7 year old boy I full heartedly believe it is MY job as a parent to teach him right from wrong, and fantasy vs realitity...so I do not blame games, music, movies etc as an excuse for my sons behavior and or upbringing....so while I do have to teach my child "no son zombies do not exist and you can not shoot people in the head" I do not consider that any different then "no son you can not fly like peter pan and visit never-neverland" etc etc etc....so this game and others have never bothered me, what has always bothered me are parents who put the blame on video games and not themselves for teaching their children.....

*applause*

If you remove these types of machines from our arcades then we chance raising a whole generation that will be unable to defend themselves in the coming zombie apocalypse. The fate of humankind depends on this decision.
You got that right. That's why I watch The Walking Dead. Educational programming.

The "automatic rifle" that the OP spoke of isn't even practical for zombie killing. It'll go through way too many rounds of ammunition and, as everyone should know, ammunition will become harder & harder to scavenge in the zombie apocalypse.

The real question is, when it happens, what kind of zombies will they be? Slow, shuffling zombies like in The Walking Dead. Or fast zombies with full motor function, like in World War Z or I Am Legend.

Edited by Organized Chaos

My kids played all sorts of video games and turned out non violent. However, i realized how the world has chaned in february. We took or grandsons to knotts berry farm. In the western town the 4 and 7 year old got cork pop wooden rifles. Cork tied to rope. Does not hit anyone. After i brought the rifles i realized it was probably not a good to let them carry them around the park. So they were safely put in the baby stroller. Yep times are a changing again..

I dont see anything wrong with the game. Your child isn't the only one on the ship and if you don't like the content of the game, don't let the kid play. There are many other people who enjoy blasting the crap out of zombies... who are you to ruin their fun.

I grew up on a farm in the country, over a mile from any neighbors, back in the 70's/80's. Being aroung guns and learning to shoot was just a part of life. My parents tought us gun safety and how to shoot from the time we could walk. I owned my own BBQ gun by the time I started Kindergarten and could accurately shoot porcupines out of trees with my dad's riffle by the time I was 9 (even though it knocked me on my ass almost every time). ... and guess what... I was beat up and bullied all through school. One of the bullies even shoved me into the street in front of a moving car when I was in high school. I had full access to a bunch of hunting rifles and never shot anyone because I was taught to respect the gun and the damage that could be done by someone using it. Taking away guns and games with guns doesn't have any impact on the number of mass shootings. Teach kids to respect themselves and others. Teach them the difference between fantasy and reality and don't use TV and video games as babysitters.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Forums mobile app

The real question is, when it happens, what kind of zombies will they be? Slow, shuffling zombies like in The Walking Dead. Or fast zombies with full motor function, like in World War Z or I Am Legend.

Exactly! I'll take Walking Dead zombies over Word War Z'' any day! Super human fast zombies are the scariest!

There is no scientific link between violent acts and violence in video games, music or movies.

My son reminded me that his science fair experiment in grade school..nack in late 90s was whether or not video games made kids more or less violent. With the help of the school nurse they tried to check for blood pressure and agitation before and after playing video games. I think the better players were calmer. He didn't win the science fair but has kept on playing.

Just off the Magic Saturday. Took my grandson to the arcade for the first time. One of the games was called Zombie Killer using an automatic toy rifle you try to shot zombies if you hit one,the blood shoots out and he falls. I think this is a terrible game to have on a family base ship, With all the real shootings happening kids don't need this

Yes I am so glad you feel the need to dictate what others have an opportunity to experience. I sure would hate to have to be a parent and decide for myself what is appropriate for my kids [emoji849].

Simple rule: if you don’t like something, don’t do it!

Just off the Magic Saturday. Took my grandson to the arcade for the first time. One of the games was called Zombie Killer using an automatic toy rifle you try to shot zombies if you hit one,the blood shoots out and he falls. I think this is a terrible game to have on a family base ship, With all the real shootings happening kids don't need this

In my day we played Cowboys and Indians and War. Yet it was still safe for me to walk to school alone and not worry about kidnappings and mass school shootings.

Yes I am so glad you feel the need to dictate what others have an opportunity to experience. I sure would hate to have to be a parent and decide for myself what is appropriate for my kids [emoji849].

Simple rule: if you don’t like something, don’t do it!

We must have read different posts from the OP. I never perceived them dictating anything. They made an observation as a grandparent and expressed an opinion. That is all. But, as is typical with many threads, assumptions and accusations run wild.

I 100% agree with you, but you will get roasted on here. Its what people like to do in their spare time. Anyone that has children knows that its not as easy as "no you can't play that". Also its like 10ft x 10ft, not exactly easy to miss. Anyway, the games are so stupid expensive we don't even go in there anymore.

Anyone that has children knows that its not as easy as "no you can't play that". Also its like 10ft x 10ft, not exactly easy to miss.

I have 3 kids. My husband and I have never had any trouble telling our kids no. Our kids may have been disappointed, maybe even cried. Still the answer was no. Someone has to be the parent.