Has anyone done the Southeast Asia / Hong Kong cruise?

OnTheJourney

Just wondering...have always thought it'd be interesting to go to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The itinerary on this trip looks nice. We recently attended a Viking presentation and this was one of the cruises mentioned. Probably not as high on my 'bucket list' as a land tour of China, but still, would like to especially visit Vietnam. (My brother would be totally aghast at me saying this since he spent a year there as a squad leader in '70...hardly under vacation-like circumstances, needless to say!) And yet he always talked about how beautiful parts of it were.

Edited by three4rd

Just wondering...have always thought it'd be interesting to go to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The itinerary on this trip looks nice. We recently attended a Viking presentation and this was one of the cruises mentioned.

This is a new itinerary for Viking - the first cruise is later this year. You might pick up some useful information from the World Cruise thread as they recently passed that way.

Just wondering...have always thought it'd be interesting to go to Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. The itinerary on this trip looks nice. We recently attended a Viking presentation and this was one of the cruises mentioned. Probably not as high on my 'bucket list' as a land tour of China, but still, would like to especially visit Vietnam. (My brother would be totally aghast at me saying this since he spent a year there as a squad leader in '70...hardly under vacation-like circumstances, needless to say!) And yet he always talked about how beautiful parts of it were.

If you are interested in a land tour of China, take a look at Viking River's China cruisetours. Viking Rivers also does a Cambodia and Vietnam cruisetour.

If you really want to see some of VietNam and Cambodia (including Angkor Wat) and want the comfort of a ship and its food and no packing/unpacking....I would encourage you to research a river cruise. A few companies offer them and it really gives you a peek into life on the river.

We are booked on this cruise in April 2019, Bangkok to Hong Kong. We also added the 2 day pre cruise Bangkok package. This itinerary also has a 48 hour excursion from HCMC to Angkor Wat which we plan to book.

The big mystery for me is what the air arrangements will be from the east coast. We also booked the business class upgrade but the devil is in the details.

That cruise sounds very nice. Definitely goes on the list. I think my first choice, before Vietnam, Cambodia, etc. is still a good tour of China. And probably before that I think AUS / NZ is near the top of the list. No way I'm doing that one by cruise ship however - don't see enough of the AUS interior.