Drink card purchase

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Hello everyone need some

Advise. I am gong to purchase the all inclusive drink card on our next cruise. I remember in the past people saying something a long the line is it is cheaper to purchase before you cruise as you save tax is this true. The reason I ask the Canadian dollar is very weak so it might save us a few bucks. Just wondering what is the us cost of the card as I can only find the Canadian cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone need some

Advise. I am gong to purchase the all inclusive drink card on our next cruise. I remember in the past people saying something a long the line is it is cheaper to purchase before you cruise as you save tax is this true. The reason I ask the Canadian dollar is very weak so it might save us a few bucks. Just wondering what is the us cost of the card as I can only find the Canadian cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only situation I can think of where tax would be an issue is if you purchased onboard when embarking before the ship has left port. Some port authorities collect the local sales tax in that situation.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

Same price pre-purchase or on board. On board purchase at one of the tables around the ship that hand write the purchase slip. These slips are processed after the ship sails, with no local tax added. Also, no tax for pre-purchase.

Hello everyone need some

Being from the UK, we have found that the price offered online (in UK pounds) is locked into the currency exchange rate Princess was using at the time of booking. So sometimes if a currency fluctuates as you get closer to the cruise you might get a better price pre-booking rather than buying onboard or vice versa.. Could perhaps be the same for the Canadian dollar - depends how your currency is doing. For example, we have 4 future Princess cruises booked and 3 are tied to £51.74 a day while one is at £55.19 a day. So we may think before buying the package online for that more expensive one. The US price is $68.99 per person/per day including the 15 percent gratuity. I cover all of this in my blog post about the package.

Sandra