Norwegian Dawn, SJ Cabins, Is The Walk-In Shower Big Enough For A Shower Chair/Bench?

Suesan Jean

Hi! :)

We have cruised on the Dawn 5 times in the past, but never in an “SJ” Family Suite Cabin.

I have looked at many pictures and a few videos of the Bathroom/Shower in the “SJ” Cabins and I think it is big enough for my shower chair.

It is 20 inches wide, 12 inches in depth.

Does anyone have any opinions, thoughts or experience?

Thank You!! :)

I don't know, but if you call the access department they will know! I have called them before to get dimensions of doors and they were very nice and helpful :) Also they can most likely provide a shower chair so you don't have to lug yours to the ship -- ask them that too!

Their number is (866) 584-9756 and email is

accessdesk@ncl.com

Guest phd1003
Hi! :)

We have cruised on the Dawn 5 times in the past, but never in an “SJ” Family Suite Cabin.

I have looked at many pictures and a few videos of the Bathroom/Shower in the “SJ” Cabins and I think it is big enough for my shower chair.

It is 20 inches wide, 12 inches in depth.

Does anyone have any opinions, thoughts or experience?

Thank You!! :)

We have stayed in the Family Suites 3 times. That size seat would fit through the door and inside the shower area.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

The bathroom dimensions for the SJ cabin (no balcony) are the same for the SD cabin (balcony cabin)

with exceptions for the two HC cabins across from the Library 12032 12532.

If NCL can furnish a small chair for shower use it would be best least you have to tote that around as

extra baggage. Both the SJ and SD cabins have full bath tubs and a balcony deck chair could be used

there with the only problem stepping over the tub wall entering/exiting the tub. The tubs as I recall have

non-skid tape on the tub bottom.

One other thing in entering leaving the bathroom beware the raised threshold (about 2-3 inches) between

the closet foyer and the bath - oh you will remember it well after stubbing your toe.

Since these cabins are suites ask your Butler and/or Cabin Attendant for help and assistance !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add data