PrivaSea Balconies mini review

Chesneygirl

I know there's been some discussion on these boards about the PrivaSea balconies (balconies set within the hull of the ship) and wanted to share our experience. We were on the March 23rd NCL Jade Southern Caribbean sailing and spent 10 days in a PrivaSea balcony cabin 8522.

We were actually pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed this type of balcony. It was definitely private in regards to not having our neighbors peer over onto our balcony and vice versa. We were completely shielded from any wind (and there was lots of wind on our sea days). It gave us a good balance of sun and shade. We actually felt like we used our balcony more on this cruise then any other.

So would I ever book this type of cabin again?...Absolutely! :)

In my video below there are several shots of us using the balcony. If you don't feel like watching the whole video, most of the shots can be found about half way through and another one towards the end of the video which probably shows the balcony the best.

I hope this mini review helps put anyones mind at ease who may have doubts like I did, about being in one of these balconies.

yOehkhCujxU

Thank you!!! We have booked a Priva-Sea balcony on the Gem deck 9 for our upcoming 11 night cruise and have been researching and can’t find a lot of information! We were actually contemplating moving to a regular balcony but hate that everyone can see me/ I can see everyone! I really appreciate the review and video, it has reassured me that We made the right decision for us! Thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had this type of cabin on a QM2 transatlantic, and loved how sheltered it is from the wind. It would be a great cabin for the Caribbean too. Even though you get plenty of light, you don't get as much direct sun, so your cabin might be a little bit cooler without having to pull the drapes. Definitely found it just as good as the wide open balconies.

• 3 months later...
I saw this on one of your other threads and I am wondering if you heard any noise from the theater below?

I have one of those on the Gem and thinking if I should keep it or upgrade?

I had this problem one night. Usually I was out of the cabin during the theatre shows but one night there was some sort of crew raffle event with numbers being called out into the speakers that penetrated through the floor loudly to my cabin on deck 8 (I was in 8024). Went on for an hour after midnight. It wasn't pleasant. :(

Other than that one experience, it was fine.

I had this problem one night. Usually I was out of the cabin during the theatre shows but one night there was some sort of crew raffle event with numbers being called out into the speakers that penetrated through the floor loudly to my cabin on deck 8 (I was in 8024). Went on for an hour after midnight. It wasn't pleasant. :(

Other than that one experience, it was fine.

Thank you.