Looking for something to do after cruise - Port Canaveral to MCO

TupeloHoney

We get off the Disney Dream on 7/8 at Port Canaveral and our flight isn't until 5:30 pm at MCO. I'm looking for something we could do for the day. I'm thinking the latest we'd be off the ship is 9:30 and the earliest we need to be at the airport is 2:30 (I hear MCO is a hot mess). So that's 5 hours, including driving over to MCO.

Any thoughts? We wouldn't attempt any of the big parks. I'm not sure a car rental is a great idea because I checked and there were either 4 or 5 ships in port that morning, so car rentals at the pier seems difficult.

We have already paid for the transfer back to the airport. Though we could probably cancel that. But we could transfer back to MCO and rent a car there? But then, what to do for a few hours?

Are there any tour type things we could do? I'm thinking of how one year after a cruise in FLL we went on an arranged Everglades tour (not ship sponsored). But obviously that won't work from MCO. The cruise line tours are all for the Disney parks basically and not for passenger disembarking anyway it doesn't seem as they say they bring you back to the pier at the end of the day.

Oh, and we have two kids aged 10 and 7.

Just looking for some suggestions.... Are there day passes to hotels with fun pools?

Kennedy Space Center near PC would be perfect for your kids. I would rent a car for the day, head to KSC, and then drive to MCO and drop the car there in time for your flight. For a domestic flight you don't need to be at MCO until about 2 hours prior to your departure. Have a great cruise! :D

All of the major car rental agencies have locations in PC or Cocoa Beach and offer free shuttles from the port - we usually use Avis because of a corporate rate I get, but shop around, get off early, and you should have plenty of time to enjoy KSC

hotel in the airport usually has a sign out says 'day rooms available'

you won't find this on the website but call and speak to a people. There's a nice pool and you have access to all the shopping and food in the airport (all the parks have 'stuff' stores in the common area of the airport) https://orlandoairport.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

We do love Kennedy Space Center. We went there several years ago. It's been enough time that I think the kids would like it again. I was just worried about trying to rent a car from the pier when so many ships are in port!

Go ahead and rent your car now and lock it in. That way you won't have to worry about it.

Two options:

1. rent a car.

2. use a transportation company that offers luggage storage (i recommend STAR TRANS-VIP).

Here are some places to visit: Disney Springs, Florida Mall, Gatorland, airboat tours, there are a bunch of attractions on International drive (Orlando Eye, Wonder Works, Believe or not and other). Seaworld is not a very large park.

2:30 is a bit early. You will be just fine arriving to MCO around 3:30 pm.