Photo Review! Our Family's Spring Break Aboard the Rotterdam!

5 minutes ago, shudie said:

My fave thread so far on the HAL boards! Such a great review and lovely pics - thank you. 

We are taking our two out of school next year for term 3 and we are doing the August/Sept Baltic & Viking Passage on the Zuiderdam for 29 days. They will be 9 and 11. 

When we asked the school for permission, the principal said, 'no schoolwork- just reading and a travel journal each day - no better education for children than travelling'. 

I've loved reading how the majority of passengers you encountered loved the kiddies on-board - our two are going to LOVE that.

It is reassuring and it helped us so much taking our 16 month old baby girl last month. I wrote a little "taking a toddler on HAL" review on the Family Cruise board. We had a great time btw! Yes, OP did a great job with this review.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fatcat04 said:

It is reassuring and it helped us so much taking our 16 month old baby girl last month. I wrote a little "taking a toddler on HAL" review on the Family Cruise board. We had a great time btw! Yes, OP did a great job with this review.

will check out your review also x

I just found this, and what wonderful reviews of each day!  Thank you and hope you enjoy your Nieuw Statendam cruise.  We are on the Rotterdam in April, booked a Lanai.  

I found your review the best I have ever read on CC....  And your family pics are darling.

• Like 2

Excellent! Just caught up on your now refreshed postings. So sweet and positive. Reminds me of my absolute best family memory's and learning my finest table manners on HAL as a young lady that I still apply to this day. Beautiful family. So happy to have seen this and thank you! 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:08 PM, shudie said:

My fave thread so far on the HAL boards! Such a great review and lovely pics - thank you. 

We are taking our two out of school next year for term 3 and we are doing the August/Sept Baltic & Viking Passage on the Zuiderdam for 29 days. They will be 9 and 11. 

When we asked the school for permission, the principal said, 'no schoolwork- just reading and a travel journal each day - no better education for children than travelling'. 

I've loved reading how the majority of passengers you encountered loved the kiddies on-board - our two are going to LOVE that.

Thank you so much for reading along! I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

I hope you will have an amazing time on your Baltic cruise! We are looking at doing one during the summer next year, but it would only be 10-12 days. 29 days on the Zuiderdam sounds like a dream come true!

I love that the principal said that there is no better education for children than traveling! As a child my parents used to take me out of school for a month or so at a time to visit family in Egypt, and I was simply asked to keep a travel journal with illustrations (and a couple of teachers also requested sand from around the pyramids)! 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, fatcat04 said:

Thanks so much! I will check out your review as well! 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:22 PM, Crusinsusan2 said:

Excellent! Just caught up on your now refreshed postings. So sweet and positive. Reminds me of my absolute best family memory's and learning my finest table manners on HAL as a young lady that I still apply to this day. Beautiful family. So happy to have seen this and thank you! 

You were fortunate to have parents who taught appropriate behavior that "stuck".. Sadly this is not emphasized as much now, think parents want children to "express" themselves however they want.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, CM1984 said:

I just found this, and what wonderful reviews of each day!  Thank you and hope you enjoy your Nieuw Statendam cruise.  We are on the Rotterdam in April, booked a Lanai.  

I found your review the best I have ever read on CC....  And your family pics are darling.

Thanks! We're so excited to board the Nieuw Statendam here soon!

Have a great time on the Rotterdam in April!  I appreciate you reading along!

On 3/7/2019 at 9:22 PM, Crusinsusan2 said:

Thank you so much!

Aww, I hope my kids will also have great memories of practicing proper table manners in the MDR while cruising! 🙂