free walking tour in Copenhagen

poss

I did try to do a "search" on this topic, but with no results.

And I imagine that the quality of a tour has much to do with the quality of the guide.

Still, I'd be interested in hearing from people who have engaged one of these free (I know that one tips) tours in Copenhagen. (We did one in Venice last year, and it was great, in part because our guide was not one of those "jokey" people.)

Thank you.

We did the Copenhagen Free Walking Tours and it was literally one of the highlights of our Baltic cruise. (Sandeman’s is the other free walking tour company.). As you said, your enjoyment often depends on the guide and ours (Magnus) was excellent!

We did the Grand Tour (3 hours including a 20-30 minute break for a drink/snack/bathroom stop at Nyhavn).

See: http://www.copenhagenfreewalkingtours.dk/index.html

We did two shorter (Chritianshavn and Classic--about an hour and a half each so probably each half of Grand) walking tours with the group in Oct. 2016. We enjoyed each very much and learned so much in a short amount of time. We have an 8 hr layover in CPH for our US return flight in May and are considering another tour if weather permits.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We did two shorter (Chritianshavn and Classic--about an hour and a half each so probably each half of Grand) walking tours with the group in Oct. 2016. We enjoyed each very much and learned so much in a short amount of time. We have an 8 hr layover in CPH for our US return flight in May and are considering another tour if weather permits.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Which company did you use for your tours?

Our free walking tour from your link was very good, though there were some corny and off color jokes (we had an 11yo with us at the time.) Definitely worth the price, though, even with the non-required tip at the end. The day we went there were 5 guides there, so you could try to guess which would be the least corny before you commit to a group.

I greatly appreciate the responses. And I'd sure love to know in advance which guide would be the least jokey kind. We SO prefer a straight-forward narration/discussion.

I'm wondering, too, how one might choose between Sandemans and Copenhagen free walking tours. I wish I knew whether there was much difference.

Thanks again.

Well, I suppose you could just ask one of the guides if you have a selection of them. I can't imagine they'd be offended if you politely said you're more interested in straight narration. They were milling about the City Hall plaza with big colored umbrellas, so hard to miss.

We actually decided on which free walking tour to take (we took two) based on which start times were convenient and where we were at the time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We actually decided on which free walking tour to take (we took two) based on which start times were convenient and where we were at the time [emoji4]

can I ask what kind of tip you left?

can I ask what kind of tip you left?

We did 5 euros each (so 10 total) - others gave less, but we felt comfortable at 5 each.

On another note, be sure to go to Nyhavn and have ice cream at Vaffelbagaren (on a corner with a big waffle cone outside! [emoji39]) and try to get over to the food market across the bridge next to Nyhavn. We loved Copenhagen!

We did 5 euros each (so 10 total) - others gave less, but we felt comfortable at 5 each.

On another note, be sure to go to Nyhavn and have ice cream at Vaffelbagaren (on a corner with a big waffle cone outside! [emoji39]) and try to get over to the food market across the bridge next to Nyhavn. We loved Copenhagen!

Thank you so much for your quick reply and wonderful tips in Copenhagen. This is our first trip there so we look forward to wandering around and enjoying this New Port for us;)