Bottled water package prices

Njkrewzer

No, it’s the same. Just off 29day cruise and we did buy 24 pack. Did refill a few times on board during sea days. Had 6 liters left at end of cruise and gave them to friends who were staying on for next leg.

FFS.

Do not spend those ridiculous prices. NCL is out of control on their bottled water prices, competing lines charge a fraction of that.

While at home, buy a Yeti or similar large mouthed bottle. Stuff it in your luggage or carry on, it doesn't matter, since it's empty.

Do not fill your bottle at a water dispenser. You will get yelled at, because they are (rightly) concerned about Norovirus cross-contamination.

Instead, grab an empty glass. Fill it with water, ice or a combination of both. Dump it into your Yeti or other bottle. Repeat until full.

*Viola*! Same results, purified water, and zero cost.

Why does this topic come up every week or so, instead of just referring to the last time someone started a thread on the price of water. I wonder how many realize there is very little if any difference in bottled water and tap water. What many of us do is, bring on an empty bottle or container and refill it regularly from the buffet or the faucet in your cabin. Problem solved.

Why does this topic come up every week or so, instead of just referring to the last time someone started a thread on the price of water. I wonder how many realize there is very little if any difference in bottled water and tap water. What many of us do is, bring on an empty bottle or container and refill it regularly from the buffet or the faucet in your cabin. Problem solved.

I searched, but the majority of threads I found were from when people were in an uproar because NCL no longer allowed passengers to carry on water and soda. I found the price on the NCL website, but it has a note that says "pre-order and save", hence why I asked if there is any price difference on board vs pre-order. Lastly, I agree with your comment about the bottled vs tap water taste, and only drink tap at home. However, I have an auto-immune disease which can be aggravated by excess sodium. So when I'm out at a restaurant or anywhere that may have a water purification or water softening system (which uses salt) I just order bottled to be on the safe side. It's much easier for me to just order bottled than ask "excuse me, what kind of filtration system do you have, and does it use salt"? and then run the risk of the person not knowing what they're talking about. For a few dollars, I buy my health and peace of mind.