Reserving of seats in theatre?.?

BINDY31

its OK .... I know this is not allowed.

However just off a cruise on Solstice in Australia, hubby and I always head on up to the theatre about 1/2 hour before show starts so we get seats of our choice.

One particular night just before the show started he headed off to the bar to get a drink..you know..the bar in the theatre??? He hadn’t left, was coming straight back and a guy comes up and tells me he is going to sit in that seat as I can’t reserve it for anyone.

Now I know holding seats is a no-no, but I do think it is more geared to holding a heap of seats for a group. Luckily my husband came back before this guy could push past and sit down.

First, I don’t think it counts as “saving” a seat for someone who has arrived, been seated and momentarily visits the restroom etc.

But, second, I don’t recall a bar in the theatre?

I’ve had many cocktails there, but all were provided by an army of servers who deliver them to my seat.

Why did he feel the need to leave and go to “the bar”?

:')K’

First, I don’t think it counts as “saving” a seat for someone who has arrived, been seated and momentarily visits the restroom etc.

But, second, I don’t recall a bar in the theatre?

I’ve had many cocktails there, but all were provided by an army of servers who deliver them to my seat.

Why did he feel the need to leave and go to “the bar”?

There is a little temporary bar as you walk in. What happened is, I had ordered a soda water from roving bar man, 20 minutes later still no cold drink, so hubby went to get one for me. My drink never arrived, nor did my card come back to me either. But that isn’t the issue, he may have gone to visit the restroom etc..... I didn’t like being accused of breaking the ‘rules’....

its OK .... I know this is not allowed.

However just off a cruise on Solstice in Australia, hubby and I always head on up to the theatre about 1/2 hour before show starts so we get seats of our choice.

One particular night just before the show started he headed off to the bar to get a drink..you know..the bar in the theatre??? He hadn’t left, was coming straight back and a guy comes up and tells me he is going to sit in that seat as I can’t reserve it for anyone.

Now I know holding seats is a no-no, but I do think it is more geared to holding a heap of seats for a group. Luckily my husband came back before this guy could push past and sit down.

I would of let him have the seat and your hubby next to him and leant across the man talking all night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:')K’

There is a little temporary bar as you walk in. What happened is, I had ordered a soda water from roving bar man, 20 minutes later still no cold drink, so hubby went to get one for me. My drink never arrived, nor did my card come back to me either. But that isn’t the issue, he may have gone to visit the restroom etc..... I didn’t like being accused of breaking the ‘rules’....

That temporary bar set up has also has been on all of our recent Celebrity cruises. You weren't breaking any rules. The guy was just being a jerk!

The guy was wrong, not you. Of course you can hold a seat for your husband or any traveling partner.

The only time it can get tense is when a group of 8 or 10 sends one or two bodies to hold all the seats until minutes before the show. Now THAT'S not right.:evilsmile:

Agreed. There are all kinds of reasons one who has been there and gotten a seat might temporarily vacate it. Most commonly to use the bathroom. Nothing wrong w their partner saving it for them. 1 person arriving 30 minutes early to save 6 seats for their friends who walk in 5 minutes till is reserving seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The guy was wrong, not you. Of course you can hold a seat for your husband or any traveling partner.

The only time it can get tense is when a group of 8 or 10 sends one or two bodies to hold all the seats until minutes before the show. Now THAT'S not right.:evilsmile:

YES! You were absolutely in the right. Sometimes it’s just more expedient to go up to that table bar yourself.