Port Canaveral Car Renal Pickup

ballonewb

Hello-

Wondering if anyone had a experience picking up a car post cruise at Budget. I was hoping to be a the budget office by 8am after the cruise to pick up my rental and head to the parks for the day.

Thanks

All of the car rental shuttles - Avis, Budget, Hertz, etc. - make regular loops form port to agency and back. If Budget is open that early their shuttle should be running. We usually use Avis and have been picked up and rolling in a car before 8:30 to spend the day at Universal.

BIG QUESTION

how many ships are turning around on the day in question?

You might be the only one and then the probability of a problem is small .....

and you might be a day where you are one of 4 BIG ONES .......

this link is to the schedule for the port thru Sept 18

https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/Cruise%20Schedule/2018/Copy-of-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

on a 1 ship day, no problem ....

on a 4 ship day "stand by for heavy rolls" as we said on ship .....

suggestion ..... got cell phones?

1 person leaves EARLY to get on shuttle to rental place

once they have a grasp on the 'wait' situation, call #2 and they can begin to depart or wait for a second call or CAR person can wait for a call back from ship person saying "we're close" or or or

bottom line - you do not NEED to take everyone on the car shuttle ..... and getting ONE on a car shuttle SANS bags is MUCH easier .....

Hello-

Wondering if anyone had a experience picking up a car post cruise at Budget. I was hoping to be a the budget office by 8am after the cruise to pick up my rental and head to the parks for the day.

Thanks

YIKES!

Just did this yesterday after our cruise on the Oasis. All I can say is good luck.

We didn't get there til about 10am after waiting for the shuttle. It only holds 11 people.

Drove out of there about 11am.

Didn't have the car I reserved so gave us a minivan. They said it had a full tank of gas.

After i left I noticed that it only had 1/4 of a tank. Before I returned it I filled it back up to 1/4 tank.

When I returned the car I was charged about $145 for not returning it full.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you get there that early. Just make sure the tank is full before you pull out.

On google maps they have 137 reviews. There are more 1 star reviews than any other.

Bill

YIKES!

Just did this yesterday after our cruise on the Oasis. All I can say is good luck.

We didn't get there til about 10am after waiting for the shuttle. It only holds 11 people.

Didn't have the car I reserved so gave us a minivan. They said it had a full tank of gas.

After i left I noticed that it only had 1/4 of a tank. Before I returned it I filled it back up to 1/4 tank.

Maybe you'll have better luck if you get there that early. Just make sure the tank is full before you pull out.

On google maps they have 137 reviews. There are more 1 star reviews than any other.

Bill

I was thinking about uber to the budget place and then pick up the rest of the group.

Just worried my car might not be ready at 8am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YIKES!

Bill

I had a similar issue with a budget car in San Diego a few years back. I ended up on a lengthy phone call because I was also given a partial tank of gas. Their suggestion was to take a picture of the gauge showing how full (or empty) the tank was and to fill up to same on return. Maybe they should just fill it up right the first time. That was our last rental with them.

After that incident, I began to notice a lot of negative reviews like you mentioned.

Their prices are usually good, but one must be prepared for a fight if charged for gas, so make sure when you pick it up, you take a picture of the gauge and note it on the slip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a similar issue with a budget car in San Diego a few years back. I ended up on a lengthy phone call because I was also given a partial tank of gas. Their suggestion was to take a picture of the gauge showing how full (or empty) the tank was and to fill up to same on return. Maybe they should just fill it up right the first time. That was our last rental with them.

After that incident, I began to notice a lot of negative reviews like you mentioned.

Their prices are usually good, but one must be prepared for a fight if charged for gas, so make sure when you pick it up, you take a picture of the gauge and note it on the slip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The funny thing is I took pictures of when I saw the gauge reading 1/4 tank and when I dropped it off.

They even put the wrong mileage on the receipt so when I showed them the receipt at the airport the woman I spoke too told me I had pictures from another car and not the one I was driving.

Like I am walking around taking pictures of random cars dashboards hoping I find one with similar mileage so I can beat a gas charge.

There were a lot of us waiting for cars. When somebody dropped a car off the literally took the keys off of them and gave them to somebody who was waiting.

The cars weren't getting cleaned and obviously weren't getting checked in properly.

Bill

The funny thing is I took pictures of when I saw the gauge reading 1/4 tank and when I dropped it off.

They even put the wrong mileage on the receipt so when I showed them the receipt at the airport the woman I spoke too told me I had pictures from another car and not the one I was driving.

Like I am walking around taking pictures of random cars dashboards hoping I find one with similar mileage so I can beat a gas charge.

There were a lot of us waiting for cars. When somebody dropped a car off the literally took the keys off of them and gave them to somebody who was waiting.

The cars weren't getting cleaned and obviously weren't getting checked in properly.

Bill

Wow. I hope the OP has better luck than that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good luck. I have used them 3 times in Port Canaveral. First time great. Second time I had a 10:30 reservation and they didn't have cars. Waited 2 hours and luckily had enough buffer of late flight out of Orlando. They kept saying there were supposed to have several cars being driven from Orlando to Port. So you are at the mercy most times of people bringing cars there from Orlando, having them cleaned and gassed up. Third time, we waited 2 hours for the shuttle at the port to get back to the location. There was a mutiny. Driver said the draw bridge was open for 30 minutes and put him behind. There were 4 ships disembarking that day which also causes delays. Everyone in line tried to call the office and just got automated responses. I reserved a mini van and said we are going to miss flight. They gave us a transport van as it was ready. Paid 4 x for gas to refill it. Was not happy. Nice people, but I would use someone else. I get the best rates, but last 2 times have done it for me. I would use someone else. But with any place you are at the mercy of them having cards returned that early.

I believe the general consensus here is simply this - renting a car from the Port from any one to anywhere postcruise should only be done if circumstances call for it. In most cases it is not recommended exactly for the reasons posted here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums