No show for dinner reservation

MBP1

Taking a cruise on the Vista this summer and we would like the try out the steakhouse, but cannot settle on which day. We either want to go on the 1st night or the last night, right now we have a time for the last night, but I was planning on putting in for a reservation on the first night as well. If I forget to cancel one of the days, for example, if we get too busy checking out the ship on day 1 and miss our reservation is there a penalty for "no showing"?

Taking a cruise on the Vista this summer and we would like the try out the steakhouse, but cannot settle on which day. We either want to go on the 1st night or the last night, right now we have a time for the last night, but I was planning on putting in for a reservation on the first night as well. If I forget to cancel one of the days, for example, if we get too busy checking out the ship on day 1 and miss our reservation is there a penalty for "no showing"?

If they confirm it on the ship and you are a no show they will hit you with a $25/person penalty.

Looks like you are correct. We booked both for our upcoming Horizon cruise and I may have mis-read the cancellation charge line that was on the reply, my bad.

Thank you for the info, I will definitely make sure to cancel one of them before the cruise. Anyone know what time the muster drill is on the Vista and departs Miami at 4pm.

Usually 1/2 hour before sail away

For as long as I can recall you were charged for no-shows and late cancellations. Cancelling 24 hours or more out and there is no fee.

Couple of years ago friends we were sailing with took ill the day of the chef table and cancelled with no penalty. Wonder if this is new or they make exceptions for illness

For as long as I can recall you were charged for no-shows and late cancellations. Cancelling 24 hours or more out and there is no fee.

Someone posted a link in one of the earlier replies to this thread to an FAQ for speciality dining. The only $25 cancelation fee mentioned there was for the Chef's Table, nothing listed for the Steakhouse, unless I missed it. I also looked at my Cruise Manager for next month's cruise, and the specialty dining reservation links. The $25 fee mentioned for Chef's Table reservations, but not for the Steakhouse.

Couple of years ago friends we were sailing with took ill the day of the chef table and cancelled with no penalty. Wonder if this is new or they make exceptions for illness
Many times there is a wait list for the chef's table. I suspect that if you call to cancel and they are able to book someone on the wait list, they won't charge a penalty.

$25pp.