Diamond Three Drink Voucher - CAN of Diet Coke ?

As Diamond, with nightly three drink voucher, can you get a CAN of Diet Coke from a bar? My 90 year old Mom does not drink alcohol, but likes a Diet Coke (but not too crazy about fountain Diet Cokes).

Yes, but you must ask for it either at bar or D lounge.

We are no big drinkers, we just go to a full service bar and ask for an unopened can .

As of last month they are now required to open the can, either at the bar or at the Diamond Lounge. I kept asking for an unopened can and finally they explained that they have been instructed by corporate to open all cans. I think they don't want you taking them back to your room and using them the next day at the pool or where ever. Anyway this was on the Liberty and it has not been this case in the past but it is what is happening now.

As of last month they are now required to open the can, either at the bar or at the Diamond Lounge. I kept asking for an unopened can and finally they explained that they have been instructed by corporate to open all cans. I think they don't want you taking them back to your room and using them the next day at the pool or where ever. Anyway this was on the Liberty and it has not been this case in the past but it is what is happening now.

That's an odd policy. If you are paying for it, or entitled to it, why do they care when you drink it? I guess people could take advantage in some way, but it's a pretty arbitrary policy.

That's an odd policy. If you are paying for it, or entitled to it, why do they care when you drink it? I guess people could take advantage in some way, but it's a pretty arbitrary policy.

This is only for the Diamond Voucher or Diamond lounge. The excuse was something like they are trying to make sure you are consuming the free drink during or close to that time period. I used the excuse about bottle water and they said that was not the issue. I think what was going on was people were getting the cans to consume the next day instead of buying one during the day. I'm sure its all about the getting the money.

This is only for the Diamond Voucher or Diamond lounge. The excuse was something like they are trying to make sure you are consuming the free drink during or close to that time period. I used the excuse about bottle water and they said that was not the issue. I think what was going on was people were getting the cans to consume the next day instead of buying one during the day. I'm sure its all about the getting the money.

Sometimes it is mind boggling that RCCL actually has staff somewhere who dream up all the never ending rules over such trivial things.................:rolleyes:

With all the idiotic policies like this, it's no wonder people get different answers at different bars and on different ships. How do they honestly expect all those shipboard employees to keep track?

That's always been the policy. Not from last month. I've never had a problem getting beers unopened. Maybe because they see tip in my hand

Like I said never had an issue until last month on liberty. Carlington the diamond rep in the lounge said they were told to enforce the policy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Encountered this last October. Bartender said they could lose their job if they did not open the soda can. Spoke on board to loyalty ambassador who said all drinks had to be opened but he did positively resolve the issue for me while onboard. I also contacted Miami post cruise, their attitude was indifference. They were stumped for an answer when I pointed out that water bottles were not being opened. Water is part of "all drinks". There are a few ways to get around this. Royal does not appreciate that soda drinkers save them money. I will make sure they pay for this ridiculous policy.:D