Carnival Excursion in Mo'Bay- question???

Shaded Lady

I'm looking at 2 different excursions for Montego Bay through Carnival that sound very similar-

Dolphin Swim and Doctors Cave Beach

&

Dolphin Encounter and Doctors Cave Beach...

Reading the description both are 4.5 hours, neither includes lunch, both talk about the same activities, but the first one is $36 pp more!

Can anyone explain to me the difference besides cost? Both describe the interaction with the dolphins as being the same- o

ne calls it a 'Swim' and the other an 'Encounter'.

The one difference I saw was that the cheaper one included a complimentary drink!

Also, the first one had a 250 lb weight limit- no clue why!

Any thoughts would be helpful!

Read carfully and you will see the difference???

OK- it's been a long week and maybe I'm missing it, but both describe that they transport you to the Dolphin Cove. give you orientation then you swim with the dolphins.... afterward with the cheaper one you get to visit their gift shops (i'm sure that's true for both) and then they take you to Doctor's Cave Beach, where food and drink is an extra cost.

If you know the difference, help a lady out and just explain it to me, don't make this harder than it has to be, 'cause obviously I'm missing something!

We wanted the time at the beach so we did the doctors cave one. It was awesome!

The all inclusive day at hard rock was fun too. Another excursion is the all inclusive for about 120, that one is at Rui, I believe it is spelled. That is a beautiful resort, less of a party atmosphere than hard rock cafe. I remember a little ride to doctors, Rui wasn't too far, and hard rock you can walk there in 5 minutes, but I recommend the bus anyway

I think one let's you swim in the area the dolphins are, the other let's you actually swim with a dolphin. The dolphin propels you through the water.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks- that sort of makes sense, but the description isn't really clear- but what you said definitely accounts for the difference, and the increased cost.

We’ve been on the dolphin swim and loved it! We don’t care for the beach so we asked to be dropped at Margaritaville. We met up with our group to head back to the ship. There are lots of things to do (food and shopping) around the beach area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums