US vs AUS site

Hello guys!!

Squid again, my husbands decided that he will do a cruise with me [emoji322] we are thinking to go for our anniversary next year from Sydney to New Zealand on the Ovation (been dying to try this one out!!)

Doing some hunting around today to work out a rough budget and I’ve noticed we can save about $1,300 on the US royal Caribbean site (even after the conversion) due to a good sale they’re running right now.

Before I hit buy, I was wondering if anyone on here had purchased a cruise on the US site but lived in Australia? This could possibly be a silly question for some and I apologise!

Many thanks,

🦑

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys!!

Squid again, my husbands decided that he will do a cruise with me [emoji322] we are thinking to go for our anniversary next year from Sydney to New Zealand on the Ovation (been dying to try this one out!!)

Doing some hunting around today to work out a rough budget and I’ve noticed we can save about $1,300 on the US royal Caribbean site (even after the conversion) due to a good sale they’re running right now.

Before I hit buy, I was wondering if anyone on here had purchased a cruise on the US site but lived in Australia? This could possibly be a silly question for some and I apologise!

Many thanks,

Good question. I have noticed on occasion that a sale price of a RCCL cruise listed on the Australian site was much less than the US site. I was told I could not purchase using the Australian site because I did not have an Australian addresss.

I’m thinking for piece of mind I’ll just book through the AUS site, and pay it off until next year. Then I know we won’t encounter any issues with the different countries.

Brings in October 2019!

We have booked through a US agent before to get the US price and benefits such as OBC. One thing to be aware of is the US price doesn’t include the gratuities so they will be charged onboard (or you can pay in advance). The Australian price already includes them so no more to pay.

I’m thinking for piece of mind I’ll just book through the AUS site, and pay it off until next year. Then I know we won’t encounter any issues with the different countries.

Brings in October 2019!

I almost always book through different US sites, with whoever has the best price. And they usually include decent onboard credit. Apparently the only cruise lines that do not allow non US residents to book with a US TA or cruiseline are Princess and MSC. We looked at a Princess cruise for this coming Dec, but just can't book it as the Aus prices were about 30 - 40% more, so we switched to an RCI cruise that does allow us to book, and booked a fully refundable rate.

On the couple of occasions I've booked through an Aus site, I still had to add on gratuities (at least that was the case for RCI).

You won't have any issue at all booking an RCI cruise with a US agent (not sure about direct with RCI in the US).

One thing to be aware of is the US price doesn’t include the gratuities so they will be charged onboard (or you can pay in advance). The Australian price already includes them so no more to pay.

The Aussie price also includes the taxes that those who don't follow the booking process all the way through on the US may not realize. Also, like on the UK site, sometimes the home site can be cheaper than the US site.

On the couple of occasions I've booked through an Aus site, I still had to add on gratuities (at least that was the case for RCI).

Since December 2016 gratuity has been included in the cruise fare