First time flying to departure city....

We live in Florida so we haven't had to fly to any of our cruises. Is there a way to have our luggage delivered to the airline when we disembark in Vancouver? We don't fly out until 11pm so we will be doing a tour of the city during the day. Do we take our luggage on the tour?? Any and all advice welcome :)

We live in Florida so we haven't had to fly to any of our cruises. Is there a way to have our luggage delivered to the airline when we disembark in Vancouver? We don't fly out until 11pm so we will be doing a tour of the city during the day. Do we take our luggage on the tour?? Any and all advice welcome :)

I've not seen Luggage Valet offered in Vancouver.

If you are doing a tour with the cruise line, they will hold the luggage for you.

There is a service called “Luggage Valet” but I think it’s mostly (or only?) offered in Florida, I’m not sure. Someone else will chime in soon, but in the meantime you could do a search on that and possibly find the answer sooner.

Per TSA regulations, Luggage Valet is never offered on international flights...

Apparently, short term luggage storage is available to cruise passengers at Canada Place [the cruise terminal]... Following is a link to a website--expand the "Passenger Services" section--for more information...

https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/passenger-information/

If you book a tour with the cruise line (HOHO) a contractor will take your luggage at Canada Place. Luggage will be shipped via truck to the airport where you can pick it up in the terminal. Some tours include a commuter train ticket to the airport.

Done the HOHO twice with train tickets. Very easy. Visit Gastown, Stanley Park, have lunch on Granville Island.

I've never tried it independent of the ship. Don't know what else is possible. I do know as a senior trying to get luggage on the commuter trains is very difficult. The car doors open and close QUICKLY. At five o'clock they are packed.

US Customs in Vancouver airport closes around 8:30 PM, so you'll probably fly international.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you all! This was very helpful :) My mom has difficulty walking so we will have a wheelchair for her, so I'm not sure what tour we will be taking. The one offered by the ship sounds great but at the bottom of the description, it says no wheelchairs... thanks again!