Capri & Blue Grotto

nyyhoneybee

Hi everyone! I'll be doing Capri & the Blue Grotto (hopefully!) in June. Question though, I'm debating what to do about my camera. I don't think bringing my good DSLR will be a good idea for Blue Grotto? If not, do I need to get a waterproof one for this port? Do they even sell disposables anymore?

Rather than spend the money on a disposable, I'd buy one of those watertight bags that protects your camera. It's really only likely to get wet when you're transferring from boat to boat.

Or if you have a good camera on your phone, just use that. The cameras on newer phones are at least as good as the disposables!

Rather than spend the money on a disposable, I'd buy one of those watertight bags that protects your camera. It's really only likely to get wet when you're transferring from boat to boat.

Or if you have a good camera on your phone, just use that. The cameras on newer phones are at least as good as the disposables!

I didn't even think about going that route! I am now looking into it thanks

• 2 months later...
Hi everyone! I'll be doing Capri & the Blue Grotto (hopefully!) in June. Question though, I'm debating what to do about my camera. I don't think bringing my good DSLR will be a good idea for Blue Grotto? If not, do I need to get a waterproof one for this port? Do they even sell disposables anymore?

What did you end up doing to protect your camera? Or phone camera? Any other tips on how you got to the Grotto, or other places?