Monarch of the Seas - Holiday Cruise Review

Jasminedog

When is the ship scheduled for dry dock and how long. We are taking the cruise in March. Loved reading everything said on the board. I have not been on this ship and am now really looking forward to it.

The Monarch is supposed to be in drydock right now. My daughter and I will be on the March 13th cruise. :)

Jasmine, I also had a larger family cruise (all adults) on the Monarch but over the Christmas sailing. We had Martina for our waitress and she was excellent! Knew all of our names by the end of the first night. She was excellent. Did you have Marshall serving your drinks from the bar? He's great, I also had him on the Adventure of the Seas in May 2004.

I have some photos of the "old" Monarch that I took last year (click on the photos link in my signature). We're going again on Monday and are excited to see if there are any visible changes. In an earlier thread, someone said the changes would be to the internal areas of the ship, not to the public areas. I hope that was wrong and you posters are right! I'll let you know next week, along with some new photos.

The OldTown Trolley is great! We also did the 1-hour Harbor cruise last year. This year we're going to the Zoo. In Catalina we did the Avalon Tour (the little tram one), which was very entertaining and informative, and we enjoyed the views from the hills. We'll either rent a golf cart or go kayaking this year.

Archived