map of Bonaire points of interest

wishing4wind

Hi all, I created a map of Bonaire for my guests and I shared it with this group and got terrific comments. The problem with my map was that it included things like dive sites and grocery stores, so I created a filtered map with points of interest that are appropriate for cruisers. I also added the police department location. I'd like feedback from this group, what would you like to see added? Adding something is as easy as adding a row in an excel spreadsheet, so feel free to comment. I have churches on my main map for my guests, but I didn't include them for the cruisers. Do cruisers want to know where the churches are? Thanks for your help! ~Jeyna

https://fusiontables.google.com/embedviz?q=select+col2+from+1pOKNHAMGZmM1kiEKX1B_VUqm3p62fYUP5fYakJ8v+where+col6+%3D+'Y'&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=12.165814525761649&lng=-68.26775352343753&t=1&z=13&l=col2&y=7&tmplt=8&hml=ONE_COL_LAT_LNG

• Like 2

Hi all, I created a map of Bonaire for my guests and I shared it with this group and got terrific comments. The problem with my map was that it included things like dive sites and grocery stores, so I created a filtered map with points of interest that are appropriate for cruisers. I also added the police department location. I'd like feedback from this group, what would you like to see added? Adding something is as easy as adding a row in an excel spreadsheet, so feel free to comment. I have churches on my main map for my guests, but I didn't include them for the cruisers. Do cruisers want to know where the churches are? Thanks for your help! ~Jeyna

https://fusiontables.google.com/embedviz?q=select+col2+from+1pOKNHAMGZmM1kiEKX1B_VUqm3p62fYUP5fYakJ8v+where+col6+%3D+'Y'&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=12.165814525761649&lng=-68.26775352343753&t=1&z=13&l=col2&y=7&tmplt=8&hml=ONE_COL_LAT_LNG

That's pretty cool, thanks!

I would add the Bonaire Arts and Crafts Cruise Market in Wilhelmina Park. The Brewery on Kaya Grande. TCB (Tourism Office) for free wifi and information. You might also want to add bathrooms at the N. West corner of Wilhelmina Park. Those are my suggestions of useful sites/places. Thank you for doing it - this is a great resource.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a cruiser who now lives full-time on island, this a very good list ... well done!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I'd love the grocery stores added back! That's where I often head first to get local foods to bring home. (And the best deals on local spirits too!)

The absolute best spirit for rum lovers is Rom Rincon. You can get it in town or at the local stores, prices should be the same everywhere. Also, don’t forget some of our local sea salt for your table.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Wow! This is really helpful. We are sailing on Holland America in January and are just starting the "what to do" planning.

Thanks, I put a lot of thought into it and I'm glad it's a help! I actually have a new and better version, check this one out http://tropicofdestiny.com/cruise

I appreciate your kind comments

Thanks, I put a lot of thought into it and I'm glad it's a help! I actually have a new and better version, check this one out http://tropicofdestiny.com/cruise

Wishing... on your next update, check out JB’s Bar B Que on the road to Sorobon and maybe add them. I recently mentioned them here as well. Absolutely the best Carolina pulled pork in the Caribbean. . .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Perhaps you could add The Salt Shop? Really good place to get an authentic souvenir. I some how missed this when walking from cruise terminal and had a little difficulty finding someone to point me in the right direction!

Also the Post Office although this is less easy to miss?

Will put this to good use in a few weeks when visiting Bonaire.

Would be very helpful if you can add places to stop were we can enjoy the beach. We will be renting a golf cart for the day.

Thanks for all your work on this. Much appreciated. :cool:

I added the salt shop and the Bonaire cruisers as well. I believe you can download the map to your phone so you can navigate without wifi when you get here. I'm looking into that. I also have an app but it only works on androids and you need wifi to navigate with the map. But all of your help to let me know what's most useful to include it so great! Thank you so much!

Love this, especially because it provides good information for each of the markers. Thank you so much!

Any luck on finding an interactive map that can be downloaded and viewed while on the island without wifi?

Dan

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the positive feedback! Dan, I did find that you can download google maps through the googlemaps app, but not custom google maps. I hope they allow that in the future. The alternative is to create an app (I have one, but it uses the older map and not the new one) so I have to update it. The app uses wifi to access the map, and I need to change the app to download the map so it will work without wifi. I wish I had more time to dedicate to the project, but I think it's pretty good so far. Thanks so much, everyone!