Tender port question

CruisinWithDLS

If they arrive at 7am as scheduled you should be fine. However, things can happen and leaving the ship can be delayed. If they do arrive on time just be the first one at the counter to get your Tender Sticker so you can get on one of the first to leave. Good Luck and Have Fun!

I would think if you were all ready to go and get there early to get a tender ticket to be on one of the first tenders. Also, check and see what the local time is there. If the boat gets in at 7am boat time the local time could be off a few hours.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

The excursion vendors usually keep a close on the ship's arrival times. When our ship was delayed into Puerto Vallarta by 4 hours, our excursion company was already aware of the delay by the time we were able to contact them and they worked with us on a new plan to accommodate our tour. But I would definitely plan to get in the tender ticket line as soon as you are able to!

For a tender port scheduled for 7 am arrival, it is feasible to make an 8:30 am non Carnival excursion if you do not have FTTF or another means for priority tender?

this is what they do for a living, they know even better than you when the ship will dock and clear customs. They will be patiently awaiting your money, with a smile on their face.

We had this same issue occur during our trip to Belize at the beginning of the month. 8AM scheduled arrival time, and our entire group at met and had been stickered for tenders a little after 7:30AM. And then we waited. It was almost 9AM when we were cleared and on one of the first tenders to Belize City (we did not have FTTF or priority). Our cave tubing and zip lining adventure was waiting for us when we arrived, and we were quickly organized into departing vans to start our day. We were able to get our adventures accomplished even with the delay and I didn't feel like they rushed our experience. Our driver made a mad (but safe) dash to the port and had us dropped off 15 minutes before the last scheduled tender for the day. Our touring company totally knew what to do to make sure that we got a great adventure out of our day. We got in line for the tender behind about 200-300 people, but there was another 400 people who hopped in line after us, so we weren't the last tender to leave Belize City for the day. I don't know when we departed for our next port, but I was already clean and out of the shower when the ship set sail.

We once had a tour vendor (not through Carnival) wait for us for almost 30 minutes. They emailed us that they were waiting. We have also waited with our tour vendor for about that long for others to show up. Most of them are very good about making sure that no one gets left behind. Even better if the ship is late or has problems and you're not the only one that's late getting there :)

We once had a tour vendor (not through Carnival) wait for us for almost 30 minutes. They emailed us that they were waiting. We have also waited with our tour vendor for about that long for others to show up. Most of them are very good about making sure that no one gets left behind. Even better if the ship is late or has problems and you're not the only one that's late getting there :)

Exactly - no matter how late you arrive to meet your independent excursion guide, you will still be waiting for someone arriving later than you.