An unsettling situation with NCL. Your thoughts and suggestions ?

zdad59

Looks like I need to contact our NCL cruise consultant for a family cruised planned for next year.

When speaking to him regarding the group reservation, I mentioned that my nephew serves in the Air Force and may be up for deployment in October - the month that we have to make final payment. Anyone who knows the military knows that predicting the day the orders come is difficult at best.

Our consultant said that military members called up for active duty are 100% released without penalty; they just need copies of the orders in order to process.

I'll contact my guy tomorrow.

Spoke to a Carnival TA just now. As a Fireman, I’m not covered unless I have insurnace that includes “cancel for any reason”. She said she wasn’t aware if military who are employed by other countries would get a refund if called for active duty.

If it’s only for the U.S. military, and I booked Carnival in Europe as a member of a European (or Mexican, or Asian) military, I’d be upset.

I think the one question that has not been answered or maybe it has and I missed it, are they asking for a refund on just the person who was called up or the entire family. That makes a whole lot of difference.

think i saw answer i think just the one deployed

USAA has a very reasonable insurance that includes deployments and leave cancelations. I use that because I know one day Uncle Sam is going to stomp on a vacation I already paid for.

Yes!! I get it for preexisting for the same reasons, but thank you for your service!!!