Carnival Horizon - Question on Cabin

Madiandfly

Hi everyone - I booked a cabin on a July 2018 cruise on the Horizon. My family of 4 wants to save money, so we opted for an inside cabin on deck 6. I just noticed that the oceanview is just a few dollars more, however on deck 2. Question - which would you prefer - deck 6 inside or deck 2 oceanview?

trying to see what is a better option for us. Thanks in advance!

We've stayed on the 2nd deck with ocean view on Glory and Vista, I loved them both! More space, than a regular inside, and we were in the middle of the ship, didn't have any noise and did not feel any ship movement. Only issue was elevator waits, weren't terrible though, I just found we had to plan a little better. Getting off the ship was a breeze though! If it were right at the end of the ship I'd be a little worried though!

We've stayed on the 2nd deck with ocean view on Glory and Vista, I loved them both! More space, than a regular inside, and we were in the middle of the ship, didn't have any noise and did not feel any ship movement. Only issue was elevator waits, weren't terrible though, I just found we had to plan a little better. Getting off the ship was a breeze though! If it were right at the end of the ship I'd be a little worried though!

awesome! thanks for your quick reply.

I would definitely spend the extra money, especially if it's not that much, to go from an interior to an ocean view. The ocean view room will be noticeably bigger, and having the window will be awesome. How much more would it be to get into a "deluxe ocean view"? That is what I have booked for the Horizon in August and it comes with 2 bathrooms, one is a full bathroom with a toilet, sink, and shower. The other bathroom is a tub/shower and sink. Think this may make getting ready for dinner much easier on a family of 4.

I love the ocean view rooms, Just be careful with deck and make sure it is not under a noisy area like the galley...we stayed on deck one, and similar to previous post, you just need a couple of minutes for elevator

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone - I booked a cabin on a July 2018 cruise on the Horizon. My family of 4 wants to save money, so we opted for an inside cabin on deck 6. I just noticed that the oceanview is just a few dollars more, however on deck 2. Question - which would you prefer - deck 6 inside or deck 2 oceanview?

trying to see what is a better option for us. Thanks in advance!

It's your choice.

Thanks for the input. I have never stayed in a lower deck. Just wondering if deck 2 is noisy at all....
. Deck 6 has many noisy areas I would be on deck 2 aft. Under the dining room. Carpeted so no noise issues. Being under the galley could be noisy. With an ocean view you have a convertible sofa bed and a little bit more space