Giovanni's question

I was just looking at the menu. Can you order something from the Pasta E Risa section AND something from the Mare e Terra section or are they both considered main courses? Thanks!

You can get a half pasta selection as an appetizer and then a regular entree for your main entree. We did this and it worked out great. The pastas were (y)(y)(y)

Have eaten there 3 times (twice last summer) and didn't feel limited in any way. Our server was happy to let us order extras of whatever course we wanted as well as getting me the fried calamari that I believe is/was only on the lunch menu.

FWIW, our favorites there are the risotto and the filet mignon.

Looking forward to comparing the Radiance version to the Oasis version in June. Enjoy!

We were on the Allure a few weeks ago and ate in Giovanni’s. We both had pork belly for starter and both had pasta for mains (my wife had gf pasta). The waiter actually asked us when ordering if we also wanted the fillet mignon to share along with our pasta dishes. They are pushing more than one entree if anything. The food was delicious

We were on the Allure a few weeks ago and ate in Giovanni’s. We both had pork belly for starter and both had pasta for mains (my wife had gf pasta). The waiter actually asked us when ordering if we also wanted the fillet mignon to share along with our pasta dishes. They are pushing more than one entree if anything. The food was delicious

Yup, very similar to my experience. We were so full that we didn't have room for dessert so our server wrapped up a couple orders of cannolis to take back to our cabin.

Next time, take them up on the filet offer. ;)

You can get whatever you want. They are very accommodating and want to please.

We’re onboard the Mariner right now and think giovannis is better than chops.

Love it.

Helaine

For our Easter cruise, I made reservations for 6 adults & 3 kids via the cruise planner to eat at Giovanni's on the 4th night. We asked for the same waiter Marco (sp.) we had for lunch under the Central Park promo. He was Indian (India) and looked more Italian than I. What a feast. The food kept coming. Began with plates of cheese & meats. Some of us had appetizers of soup, mussels in garlic sauce, Ahi tuna, & broiled octopus. He suggested the pasta be served family stile and WOW some 4 different pasta dishes to go along the Branzino, 9 oz filet, & tiger shrimps. Finally topped off with some very wonderful desserts and a b-day cake. In addition, since we were able to use the Happy Hours coupon, the wine kept flowing.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Worth every penny.

They'll do pretty much whatever you want. Often we've been there with a group and they suggest everyone order a meat or fish entree and then they say they'll bring 4 or 5 pastas as well, to serve family style. They usually also insist on bringing a lot of appetizers. Personally, I think we end up with way too much food this way and so much goes to waste, but I'm usually outvoted by the others in the group who say yes, let them bring everything.

Did your wife like the gf pasta? We have a reservation @ Giovanni's for our upcoming cruise (less than 3 weeks!:D) and my DD has celiac & must be gluten free. Giovanni's seemed to have a lot of gfree options, so that's why we chose it.

We can't do family style on the pasta (unless it's all gfree!)but the apps looked good. I do love a good risotto, so maybe they'll serve that family style to us.

Did your wife like the gf pasta? We have a reservation @ Giovanni's for our upcoming cruise (less than 3 weeks!:D) and my DD has celiac & must be gluten free. Giovanni's seemed to have a lot of gfree options, so that's why we chose it.

We can't do family style on the pasta (unless it's all gfree!)but the apps looked good. I do love a good risotto, so maybe they'll serve that family style to us.

The other poster will have to address the gf pasta question. But in general, as I mentioned above, I have found Giovanni's to be as accommodating as possible in every fashion. They will give you full orders, half-orders, whatever you want. I loved the risotto but if there's a non-gf pasta you want to try, get a half order of that too!

Seriously, I'm not advocating the wasting of food, but based on my past experiences, they encourage you to order as many different items as you'd like. Don't be shy or feel like you're doing anything wrong.

We like the atmosphere better at Giovanni’s. It’s so nice to eat outside with the live music playing in CP.

Agreed. We were sitting by the windows on Oasis last July and our server even asked if we would like him to open the window to better hear the music.

That said, I guess I'll just have to settle for the great food on Radiance's version this June (somehow I think I'll manage).