Inside Cabins Regal Princess

colville2002

We're considering a B2B on the Regal in December, we have a few cruises on Princess but this will be the first with our son (4 at the time of the cruise, will be his fourth cruise in total). It appears that all the inside cabins available can only be set up as twin beds and an upper bed - does anyone know if there are any inside cabins on the Regal where it is possible to have the queen set up and an upper? I'm guessing no inside cabins with a sofa bed?

Does anyone know if Princess can provide a bed guard for the upper bunk for when it's younger children or have any experience of younger children in the upper bunks?

The interior cabins on the Regal can be configured for 4 passengers. Regardless if there are 3 or 4 persons in the room, the configuration is twin beds on the floor and the third or fourth bed from the ceiling. I believe that you can't have a queen and a third bed at the same time. Only twin beds with the third or fourth. The upper berths have guard rails. I think if you go the Princess website and do a Plan a Cruise, go to the voyage you are considering and go through the steps to pick a cabin and the images shown and verbiage indicate twin beds with upper berths.

Additionally, there isn't room for a sofa bed. Hardly enough room to turn around with more than 2 persons in the cabin at the same time.

The interior cabins on the Regal can be configured for 4 passengers. Regardless if there are 3 or 4 persons in the room, the configuration is twin beds on the floor and the third or fourth bed from the ceiling. I believe that you can't have a queen and a third bed at the same time. Only twin beds with the third or fourth. The upper berths have guard rails. I think if you go the Princess website and do a Plan a Cruise, go to the voyage you are considering and go through the steps to pick a cabin and the images shown and verbiage indicate twin beds with upper berths.

Additionally, there isn't room for a sofa bed. Hardly enough room to turn around with more than 2 persons in the cabin at the same time.

Thanks Grego, I thought that was the case but just wanted to check. Looks like we're going ahead with the booking but the travel agent believes the minimum age for the top bunk is 6 years old, so our son will have to sleep in one of the lower beds and one of us up above

We're considering a B2B on the Regal in December, we have a few cruises on Princess but this will be the first with our son (4 at the time of the cruise, will be his fourth cruise in total). It appears that all the inside cabins available can only be set up as twin beds and an upper bed - does anyone know if there are any inside cabins on the Regal where it is possible to have the queen set up and an upper? I'm guessing no inside cabins with a sofa bed?

Does anyone know if Princess can provide a bed guard for the upper bunk for when it's younger children or have any experience of younger children in the upper bunks?

Although we were in a mini suite on the Regal our 2 1/2 yr old granddaughter rolled out of bed one night on to the pillows placed on the floor and never woke up. She slept the night on the floor.

38242155412_71658494e4_b.jpgRolled out of bed and never woke up

Check with your cabin steward about the bed guards

Howard

I stayed in an interior with a family of 4. The room was not as tiny as I thought but I probably wouldn't do it again myself. We could barely move after awhile, what with all our stuff, and not having any natural light became kind of a drag. But, if you don't spend much time in the room other than to sleep (which is true for many people) it's a great money saver.

Yeah, we've been told the minimum age for the top bunk is 6 so one of us will be up there.

Should have been booked last night but troubles with the Princess flight booking system, still showing the flights we want but every time the agent tries to complete the booking the flights change to something else. Hopefully they can sort it with Princess this morning and we have another holiday to look forward to

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks Grego, I thought that was the case but just wanted to check. Looks like we're going ahead with the booking but the travel agent believes the minimum age for the top bunk is 6 years old, so our son will have to sleep in one of the lower beds and one of us up above

Glad to be of help. Enjoy your voyage on one of our favorite ships!

Thanks Amy, that might work as well. And Grego, we loved the Regal last year just the two of us so looking forward to seeing how much our son enjoys it. Movie nights and popcorn will keep him entertained

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk