Air Deviation Protocol

Saildude16

Within the next couple of weeks we'll be 270 days out from embarkation on our next cruise. For the first time we plan to "deviate" and pay the $175 pp fee to arrive a couple of days prior to boarding. Preferred flights and seat assignments have been researched. Now a couple of questions:

1. Once the deviation is cleared with RSSC are we then charged for the airfare, or is it due at time of Final Payment(150 days before departure)?

2. Are seats assigned 270 days out or is there simply a reservation, and specific seats are doled out closer to sailing?

Thanks for your input.

Glad to hear that you are deviating so that you will likely get the flights that you want. The $175/person deviation fee is charged once you and Regent agree on the fights. It just goes into your cruise fare which, as you mentioned, is due 150 days prior to sailing.

Our experience with seating varies a bit. When your flights are booked (after you deviate), you will receive an email from Regent with the flights, details, etc. They seem to randomly assign seats which we promptly change. The email will have your booking number so you can usually go into the airlines website and change the seats to the ones that you prefer. Here is where it varies -- on some airlines you need to call them to change seats.

One big plus for us was when we were deviating to British Airways which charges to book seats in advance. When Regent booked it for us, we had no problem going into the BA website to make changes (at no additional cost).

Which airlines are your preferred? Just curious.

We'll be using business class on either Delta via ATL(most convenient) or AA out of MIA.

I am new to Regent so this is my first experience. We are deviating from Sydney to Atlanta on Delta in Dec. I am retired Delta so I wanted to fly on my former airline, and it's the easiest route for me and I had heard that if you stay on the same airline you can get First Class for the domestic portion. So I called Regent at 270 days. I had already gone on Delta.com and found the flights I wanted. I gave them the flight information for Sydney to Los Angeles, then from Los Angeles to Atlanta. I also asked about First Class from LAX to ATL. Before I even hung up I had the reservation and seats assigned with Delta One Syd to Lax and First Class Lax to Atl! They forwarded the email and I accepted the flights and my card was charged. I also went in and reselected the seats that I wanted. So, for me, it was a fantastic experience. You do need to get your TA (if using one) to tell Regent you have permission to make the arrangements yourself. But the Regent people were exceptional. I'd also advise having flights picked to give to them. If there are contract seats available you'll get them immediately.