British Isles Cruisetour question

adstz

Going on a cruise tour that starts in Ireland then flies to Southampton to catch the ship.

There is a charge on our invoice of $118 for "transfers". I am presuming that the charge is for airport to first hotel at the beginning of the cruise tour and ship to airport at disembarkation.

My question is what about the flight from Ireland to Southampton? Is that included in our price?

I am looking for someone who has experienced this NOT an opinion from someone who hasn't been there/done that.

Thanks for any info and insights.

We did this tour a few years ago. It is fabulous and you will have a splendid time. The hotels are exceptional, the sites you will see are fantastic and the meals great as well. You will be taken care of very completely.

Yes the flight from Ireland to London is included. Your transfer from the hotel in Ireland to the airport is also included. ( you will be getting up very early that morning for breakfast before the flight). We flew on Air Lingus and all arrangements are made by Princess. Once you arrive in London you will be met by another Princess tour guided who will direct you to the coach for your transfer to Southampton. All in included in the cruisetourprice. You do not have to do anything. All information is passed onto you daily as well as there being a board we’re your tour guide will post info also. You will always know where and what time you are supposed to be somewhere. Do not worry. You are going to have a fabulous time!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did this tour and the Ireland cruisetour was just wonderful. As for your question about the transfers: the first transfer is from the airport at Shannon to the hotel (they use a combo of small vans and taxi voucher/reimbursements for this depending on when you arrive at the airport), the second is for the transfer from the hotel a Cork to the airport, the airfare for Cork to Heathrow is included in your tour (we used Aer Lengus.. and they also offer some free baggage forwarding to the ship to cut down on hauling bags through the airport and plane), third is bus/tour from Heathrow to Southampton for ship boarding, fourth after the cruise to return to central London, Heathrow or Gatwick. It is all included in the ttransfer package and is very convenient. Enjoy.

The transfers within the tour are included. It's the ones at the beginning and end that you're being charged for - that's normal since they are not part of the tour. A lot of people will be doing pre-tour stays or post-cruise stays and don't want the transfers so that's why Princess has them separated out like that. Enjoy!