Pre cruise sales

BLAMBKY

Does Carnival offer any precruise sales on excursions or drink packages? Are their popular excursions at risk for selling our if you wait to book on board? Do they offer (on board or precruise) any excursion at every port discount excursion packages?

I cant speak for the shore excursions, but, if you are looking at the Cheers! drink package.. yes they do offer a discount if you purchase it before you cruise. I also know that they give discounts on spa services if you pre book. However, I have found that if you want spa services you may get a better deal if you wait towards the end of the cruise. If you are worried about excursions selling out, then even if there is no discount, you may want to book them in advance. Especially if the excursion you are looking at is popular.

Hi

There are very few excursions that aren't offered by a third party and usually at lower price than the cruise line. There are a few occasions where the cruise line excursion is the better option.

You didn't mention where you will be travelling, but I would research on the internet to find what activities would interest you in the countries you are visiting as well as the port of call threads on this site to ask about specific tours.

good luck

have a great cruise

I am a huge planner and never leave anything to the last minute. If there are excursions you really want to do, then I absolutely recommend locking those in as soon as possible. You can always change your mind later. But once it is sold out, it's sold out and it will be too late.

Nic6318 is correct that you can find very similar excursions at a lower price outside of the cruise line. But these can also sell out. We wanted to rent a golf cart in Grand Turk and tried to book it almost 3 months in advance. Some providers were already fully booked although we did find one who says they will have a cart for us.

Really the best thing is to decide what you want to do and go ahead an reserve it. You may not get a discount for advance booking, but at least you will be sure to get the excursion you want and not have to settle for whatever is left at the last minute.

Have fun!

When I book Carnival cruises, I receive an email about 10-20% off ship excursions that is good for a little while. Also, you can bundle spa activities up to 30%. I never do that because the ones eligible for the discounts are never ones which I would select and tend to be the most expensive. DH goes to the Spa on embarkation day and can get pretty good discounts on things he wants like a massage, pedicure, etc. If he doesn't get anything he wants then, he waits until port days and can usually get something he wants discounted. If your ship has a Steakhouse, you can book a reservation for the first night and receive a free bottle of their house wine, or 50% off any bottle you choose. We always do that and end up returning for a second night later on during the cruise. On embarkation day, you can usually find discounted liquor, too. Of course, you don't get it until you leave the ship when the cruise is over. The drink packages are a little discounted (not much, although we never purchase any) if you purchase before the cruise.