Voom Question (Maybe Stupid)

My wife and I are in one cabin, kids across the hall on a separate reservation. I assume I can buy the two device package for my son and me and he can log on using my cabin number. Right? Also, if we really don't need streaming is it still worth it to get the voom/stream for the stronger signal?

My wife and I are in one cabin, kids across the hall on a separate reservation. I assume I can buy the two device package for my son and me and he can log on using my cabin number. Right? Also, if we really don't need streaming is it still worth it to get the voom/stream for the stronger signal?

VOOM packages have no relation to stateroom number. You can give the access info to anyone you like. Stream does not give any stronger signal, it's just faster.

VOOM packages have no relation to stateroom number. You can give the access info to anyone you like. Stream does not give any stronger signal, it's just faster.
Can you elaborate?

So if I have a family of 4 and opt to buy the voom/streaming package for 1 device, do they not recognize the IP for that one device?

And/or can I share my login with another family member and let them use it on their device as long as only 1 device is connecting at a time?

(ie. Myself logs in on my device at noon til 2 daily then the wife logs in 3-5 daily on her device using my package and then one of the kids logs in 6-8 daily on his device with my voom account??? Is this possible?

Can you elaborate?

So if I have a family of 4 and opt to buy the voom/streaming package for 1 device, do they not recognize the IP for that one device?

And/or can I share my login with another family member and let them use it on their device as long as only 1 device is connecting at a time?

(ie. Myself logs in on my device at noon til 2 daily then the wife logs in 3-5 daily on her device using my package and then one of the kids logs in 6-8 daily on his device with my voom account??? Is this possible?

Yes, totally doable. Only 1 login at a time, I just did it using 3 people across 5 devices. Been doing this for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, totally doable. Only 1 login at a time, I just did it using 3 people across 5 devices. Been doing this for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the information

Can you elaborate?

Yes, but they must remember to log out when they're done, otherwise no one else can log in.

Not necessarily. It depends on the ship. We have had it so that as soon as someone else logs on it kicks the person who is logged on off.

And I have found that it is even more capricious than that.

I have been on a cruise where sometimes I have to log off, and sometimes the first device is kicked off by a login on another device.

Was deciding between buying a 3 device plan so could let each of 2 kids families traveling with us use but decided on buying 3 single device plans so each cabin would have their own access code to manage how they wanted- could see the log in issue causing problems if got onboard and found conflicts.Could not do this online but called and they charged me for the 3 individual plans. Buying ahead of time get surf and stream for same price as surf only later onboard. We mainly want to connect with each other though SIL felt need to check work email sometime during cruise.